Violet's Offense

Do you think her powers could use a boost?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If they EVER make a sequel to this or a short…whatever it is of the Incredibles i hope it Shows Violet powers in a more offensively state,like Invisible Woman from F4.She should be able to shoot balls of energy,create solid constructs with her telekinesis,use her fields to levitate things like telekinesis.

It already seemed as though she could levitate while in her fields.

I think Violet s awesome,she could potentially be the most versatile and strongest of the family(besdies Jack-Jack…lol)

SHe can actually do all of that stuff in the Boom comic book series. She hurls force fields, levitates bad guys, entraps them, and a whole lot more.

I also see Violet using her force field as like a battering ram of some sort. She forms a force field, runs with it, and anyone in the way gets smashed.

Or like a giant hamster ball! 8D

We also saw that she can levitate items in the forest clearing fight from the movie. I wonder whether she can ‘half-envelop’ items or people, so could she, for example, cast a force-field around a bandit’s gun hand? If he fires, his bullets will be contained within the bubble, and she can then use that bubble as ‘leverage’ to break his wrist, or swing him against a wall or something?

I wonder about these things… [size=75]I’m planning a fanfic at the moment.[/size]

Interesting question lostmysheep500. I’m actually reading a fanfic right now where her forcefields are used mainly for offense. She can concentrate them and use them to slice things in half, even extremely dense things like metal. She can also manipulate them to surround her entire body, yet still remain flexible, like body armour of sorts. She can lift things, crush things, and throw bad guys around. Really, having forcefields is just like having telekinesis, if you think about it.

Hmm. That’s interesting…I never really thought about her offensive abilities, because she seems really weak and not much of a fighter. I probably owe that to the video game, but even so. Cool idea. It looks like you’ve got a whole party who want to write fan fiction now. :laughing:

I like your ideas TDIT. Now I gotta take a look at this fanfic you got planning. SOunds exciting.

Can you link me to it??? :smiley:

I wanna read it too.

I know there has been a comic book series but i haven’t bothered to pick it up

Sure thing :slight_smile: It’s pretty dark though, and there are some mature themes, just so you’re forewarned. It’s one of the most well-written and engaging fanfics I’ve read in a while. Enjoy! Inviolate

I’ve discussed this with tons of different people, and there was some speculation that if she enveloped someone’s head with it and it was airtight, she could easily cut off a bad guy’s oxygen. I’ve seen many fanfics where they take on different shapes, one of which involved a glider allowing her to fly long-distance I believe.

IDK if any of you read Marvel comics like the fantastic 4,but Invisible woman(played by Jessica Alba) can create a huge force bubble inside someone and expand it until it pops.

Really…but that’s to ruthless…lol :smiling_imp:

Well, I don’t want her to be too much like the Invisible Woman, because I hate the Invisible Woman, so that would be bad. She needs to be her own individual super. I don’t want her to be too much like someone else.

What if she used her force field’s as a platform to travel to places or to bad guys faster?

That would be really cool. :smiley:

The possibilities really are endless when it comes to Violet’s powers. Outside of all of the cool forcefield stuff she could do, I like the idea of her being able to ‘transfer’ her invisibility to others through physical contact- so she could hold Dash’s hand, for example, and then make both him and herself turn invisible. Maybe even other objects as well. Not exactly an offensive strategy, but very useful in certain situations.

I’d like to see a power boost along the lines of what the superpower virus in the comics did with that energy aura and energy bolt attacks.

I loved that Violet’s force field’s had an extra energy electrical boost after being empowered with the virus. SHe seemed very powerful.

But I’m content with her just knocking bad guys off of their feet. with her force fields.

I like all these ideas, and would defiantly love to see her develop her powers more in a second movie.

I also think, with practice, she could fly with her force fields. They already show some anti-gravity proprieties. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say she could do that.

And I’ve herd theories of her inheriting her mothers elasticity. I think a small amount of this would be cool. But just a little. If she could bend like her mom… well, take that and add her force-fields to parry bullets and her invisibility to make her a near unhitable target… She’d be unstoppable. And that’s never any fun…

[spoil]The powers she got in the comics were cool. I just wonder if there is a way she could unlock those features, without having to come down with a horrible illness.[/spoil]

In response to her enhancing her powers, i think that as she gets older, her powers become stronger. She is still young and still developing. who knows, maybe when she’s older, she could add an offensive aspect or maybe something more.

Well, she can already use them offensively to some degree (the Incrediball and throwing them in the BOOM! comics). So it’s safe to say she’ll get even stronger. Like you said, she’s young and still growing. Wich also brings up another subject: is there a certain age when supers mature faster than anyother time? If so, (yes TSS, I’m stealing this from your fanfic :laughing: …), is Violet coming up on her superpower puberty soon? Or has she already gone threw it? I don’t think so, as she still seems physically (but defiantly not mentally) immature.

Also, could she use her invisibility offensively? Maybe, since she probably bends light around her body to turn invisible, she could bend it to burn or even blind people, or could darken or lighten a room.