Favorite Voice Actor?

Yes, I believe that A Bug’s Life hasn’t gotten enough attention and respect that it deserves. Henceforth, a new topic of discussion was needed.

Who is your favorite (voice) actor in A Bug’s Life?

Mine has to be Dave Folley. Actually, he is my favorite Pixar voice “artist” of all time. Something about those quirky and pleading inflictions in his tone of voice just captured me from the beginning.

What about you guys? :slight_smile:

I really like the Dave Foley as well.

He create the character in his acting so well.

I love Brad Garrett, but I also loved hearing Madeline

Kahn’s voice in the film, even though her character Gypsy had only a few lines.

Kevin

Spacey, definitely. He’s just superb as Hopper, and I like him in the other films that I’ve seen him in.

For me the same as

lizardgirl.

Kevin Spacey did such a great job that I’d almost be afraid to

meet him in real life! He was just so wicked, so cruel – it’s wonderful acting! He was one of those characeters

you just feel this depth in…amazing! :smiley:

Good thinking, Mitch! This board has been quite for way too

long!

Seems like Kevin Spacey is the preferred favorite with two “votes” each. :wink:

Gasduude - Haha – I know. And the funny thing is that (usually) the actors

who voice the meanest characters are actually the nicest people in real life. :laughing:

And thanks! Yeah,

A Bug’s Life definitely needed a face lift. (snigger)

Kevin Spacey. Need I say more?

Kevin Spacey is another one of my

favorites too. Hopper made me really scared. Only a good actor could make a villain seem so nasty.

It’s nice to see someone other than me start a topic

about this movie. :sunglasses:

It’s hard for me to pick a favorite voice actor; this cast is simply dripping with

talent. But I may just have to say Dave Foley. He brought so much energy to Flik. And he says he was surprised

Pixar hired him - he doesn’t like his voice. I think it’s a nice voice. And he certainly put it to good use

in this film. :smiley:

I also really like Jonathan Harris’ performance in this movie. He made that character

so dramatic, but in a good way.

And of course there’s Joe Ranft, who made Heimlich so loveable. :sunglasses:

(Will Ferrell’s adopted German accent in The Producers reminds me vividly of

Heimlich. :open_mouth: )

BandGeek - Haha – yeah, I remember the fact that Dave Foley said

he wasn’t all that ecstatic about his voice, but I agree with you: I think it’s very nice and just

soo…unique. :smiley:

Oh yes – Joe Ranft portrayed Heimlich in the most loveable way possible. And I’ll have

to check out that Will Ferrell thing you mentioned… :stuck_out_tongue:

I really loved Slims voice. He

sounds so misunderstood, at the same time of someone who just wants some respect.

BandGeek727:

Jonathan Harris was awesome.

And I know what you mean with Will Ferrell- I

wasn’t too fond of the new version of the film but Will’s performance in that role was hysterical! xD Reminded

me a lot of Heimlich as well.

Then it’s not just me! That’s good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely check it out. The movie is hilarious! (I’ve never seen the play, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I like it. :wink: )

Strangely enough, I’m not all that crazy about my voice either.

My favorite is Kevin Spacey.

Kevin Spacey, although I definitely enjoyed Richard Kind, Jonathan Harris, and Denis Leary.

I’ve always wondered why this film was such a flop- aside from the awesome storyline, it also had an awesome cast. :smiley: I can’t point out a single voice actor I didn’t like.

I can’t seem to figure it out, either. :confused: I totally agree with you. A Bug’s Life was one of the best movies I’ve ever seen.

I like to think that ABL wasn’t a flop, but the others are just so much better.

Oi! Could’ve done without the ‘so much’. :stuck_out_tongue: Lol, I’d like to think all the Pixar films are great and none of them is better than the others- for they are all different and have different qualities that make them special. :smiley:

It’s just different strokes for different folks. Different movie elements appeal to different people and its all good! As for me, ABL is so far the only Pixar film that I can say genuinely entertains me from beginning to end. The characters, the dialogue, the visuals, the music, everything is totally engaging to me. As far as entertaining ME goes, ABL is a total winner. I enjoy all of Pixar’s films, but it just so happens that ABL appeals to me the most. Its a personal choice. I don’t think ABL is “better”, I just prefer it personally. That’s just how I see it.