Aphie

Hey, I think that there are plenty of things about aphie to talk about.

For example, I found out that I think Aphie killed himself :confused: When the queen goes down the grass ramp, Aphie jumps off and seems to have killed himself!!!!!!! He didn't appear after that :laughing:

Edited. No shouting, please. – Mitch

Maybe he was a stunt-aphid. XD

I have fond memories of that outtake when he pees on the queen. :laughing:

lizardgirl: It’s even funnier in French! XD

I love Aphie. :smiley: What they need to make is a plush toy of him- that would be too cute. x3

Aphie is such an adoreably little aphid! He is so cute, I just want him for a pet myself. But I guess that maybe I would be like 100 times his size.

Yes, they should make a stuffed Aphie doll sometime. 8D But on in a bigger size.

What’s Aphie’s actual size? This big? ( • )

Aphids are pretty small. I think they are smaller than that dot A113.

That small? 8D

They are really tiny, but they’re just big enough to see that they are small and green. Ladybugs love to eat aphids. I wonder what happened when Aphie saw Francis? He’s a ladybug (or should I say ladbug? 8D )

Well, I saw this green thing moving on my hand when I was young and I thought it was just annoying little speck. I found out that those were aphids, so most of the specks I flicked off were tiny bugs. I was like, that small? You can hardly see them.

I wrote a Jerry Springer spoof script where the bugs are interviewed after making the movie, and it turned out that Francis kept eating the Aphies and the aphid wranglers had to get a new one like every take… :wink: Oh and in the “Bug Wars” Star Wars spoof rp some friends and I were doing, I made Aphie “A2D2.” :wink:

Anyways there’s a book all about Aphie, “A Home For Aphie,” its #7 in the 12-book series. Aphie is causing all kinds of trouble and Dot overhears Atta and Thorny talking about putting him out of the Anthill (although they’re really talking about building him a pen, not kicking him out) so she runs away with him.

That’s interesting.

[url]http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/aphid/gifs/aphids.gif[/url]

Above is a link of a picture of an aphid and how small they are.

Yikes! :astonished: Looks like something you might find in your dog’s mouth. XD

Ants use Aphids for milk. So shouldn’t Aphie be bigger? :question:

I think there’s a bug that’s smaller than an aphid, but it’s red (I don’t know the name of it). And I agree that Aphie should be a toy, just not a plushie. What I see working is a playset, if you will; a plush Queen and then an Aphie finger puppet. Dumb idea?

Actually, that doesn’t sound so bad. he would make a pretty good finger puppet. XD

Nobody stood on topic lol its easy to get off of topic about such a cute character but i think she wanted to know if aphie died after he jumped off the ledge cause he does not appear in the movie after that scene. :confused:

I had A Bug’s Life Playset that was P.T. Flea and you could open him up and it would be a playset :slight_smile:

You’re right! Absolutely no one answered the question, they all just posted how cute he was. :unamused:

I think he probably died, or they just forgot to put him back in the movie.