Help with dissertation - Parenting in Pixar films

I am currently writing my thesis on Pixar films, especially with regard to parenting and the depiction of home life in Pixar movies.

I am hoping for any insights that you may have. My second chapter (the first being a general overview of Pixar’s history with Disney, Steve Jobs etc) is going to be focused generally on Toy Story, A Bugs Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, Cars and Ratatouille… looking at things like Mike and Sully acting as surrogate parents to Boo, or Woody and Buzz looking after Andy for example…

The third chapter will focus on case studies of The Incredibles and Finding Nemo as I percieve these to be the films that focus most directly on family and are basically polar opposites of the same continuum. Finding Nemo revolves around a single fathers search to find his lost son, who he has not let mature and has protected him from learning life skills, also we find other characters like Crush, a laid back parent, and Gil who plays like a demi-father to Nemo and allows him to learn things on his own. The Incredibles depicts the nuclear family with the father being the protector (strong and muscly) and the mother taking care of the house and rearing the children (flexible).

I am going to post this thread on all the feature forums so please feel free to comment about any of the films on this one or go to the relevent thread and discuss it their.

Please please please only constructive feedback only, this is pretty important for me.

Thank you to anyone who replies!!!

Good luck. (You’re going to need it. Mwahahahaha!)

I’ve wondered about the phrase Dot says.

So, the queen is all of a sudden everyone’s mother? :confused:

However, the Queen seems like a great mother to Atta and Dot, by the way she tries to help them relax and calm down when something troubling is happening.

But Atta plays like the mother figure too. She looks after Dot, and wants whats best for the colony, wven though she is still the princess, and not yet ready to take the charge.

It is good that a feature film should include parenting and the manners to handle baby has good impression in society. Many cultural thing are being taught in movies.
IT will have good societal impact and market.
Screen Printing