Pixar Planet

Flik and Atta

Talk about Pixar's A Bug's Life here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby A113 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:26 pm

Flik and Atta seem to be thw two names which proves that mixing names is hideous. :laugh:
I've seen Ratatouille eighteen times, and WALL•E two times. • Jesus is LORD!
A113
Master Scarer

Postby TS2 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:57 pm

YES WE'RE ALL CHILDREN
WELCOME TO THE ANIMATION GRAVEYARD. PAY YOUR RESPECTS!!!
TS2
Toy Collector

Postby Rac_Rules » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 pm

A113 wrote:Flik and Atta seem to be thw two names which proves that mixing names is hideous. :laugh:
i know, seriously. :roll: :)
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby Rac_Rules » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:09 pm

I wanted to point out the complete lack of Flik and Atta videos on YouTube. I would make one but I don't know how.
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby bright dot-dasher » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:11 pm

Rac_Rules wrote:I wanted to point out the complete lack of Flik and Atta videos on YouTube. I would make one but I don't know how.

I know.....I saw this tribute to Pixar, and it left out ABL. I saw a music video of Pixar couples, and it left out Atta and Flik- I couldn't believe it.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby A113 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:58 pm

NikChik11 made one Flik & Atta vid.
I've seen Ratatouille eighteen times, and WALL•E two times. • Jesus is LORD!
A113
Master Scarer

Postby Rac_Rules » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:19 am

A113 wrote:NikChik11 made one Flik & Atta vid.
Ya, I saw it, but it was labeled as a Bugs Life tribute, and I figured she just decided to use Flik and Atta pictures. Even still, thats one. I want more! :P
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:46 am

Rac_Rules wrote:I wanted to point out the complete lack of Flik and Atta videos on YouTube. I would make one but I don't know how.
Go to the Music Video section of the Fandom thread, and I can show you.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Ellena » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:22 am

I love Flik and Atta. It's so sweet how Flik has this totally huge crush on her from the beginning, and it takes Atta a lot of the movie to warm up to him. I love the little moments they have.

Flik: [Showing off his new telescope to Atta] Hello, Princess! Why, aren't you looking lovely this morning! Of course, you don't need a telescope to see that...
Ellena
Ant

Postby Danachii » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:37 am

Oh my goodness, I absolutely love these two together so much. <3 And that's saying alot since I barely have any Pixar couples that I love. And all of my top favorite OTPs are mainly from anime and manga, but Flik/Atta is just so sweet and it actually has really good development throughout the course of the film. Flik is first shown to have a crush on her, but Atta couldn't care less and finds him extremely irritating. After Flik actually manages to go back to Ant Island with the warrior bugs, Atta's opinion of him greatly changes and she starts warming up to him and appreciating him. Even her feelings or him starts changing for the better, and all the little moments they share is just so sweet. Their affection towards one another is very much mutual too (and their situation really reminds me of another one of my biggest anime couples of all time, but I won't get into that here. :lol:).

And another thing but the most significant factor is that even though they're completely different in terms of status (her being a princess, and him being a worker ant), they share something in common in that they're both insecure about their position and don't believe that other people will ever appreciate them. Honestly, it's just so rare for me to find a Disney couple that has WELL-executed development within its context. Flik/Atta not only has that, but it's also just so adorable and utterly sweet that it makes me gush and squee every time I watch the movie, lol. :loves:
Not active here anymore.
Danachii
Garbage Boy

Postby gazelle » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:06 am

Flik and Atta have always been my favorite of Pixar couples. Like everyone else has already mentioned I adore their developement and to me their relationship in general was something pretty unique for it's genre. It just seemed different. It has something very special to it that gives it also this strange realism x]

...Then Ratatouille came out. :D

But I still love Flik and Atta, even if it's a little less than how much I love Linguini and Colette. :roll:
gazelle
Garbage Boy

Previous

Return to A Bug's Life