Pixar Planet

Flik and Atta

Talk about Pixar's A Bug's Life here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Flik and Atta

Postby Rac_Rules » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:13 pm

How come theres a thread for Aphie but non for Flik and Atta?

I looked, but there is none. So here it is!:D

I love them because they strike me more of a sweet teenaged love story (i estimate them to be about 17-18ish) and how Flik has that cute little crush on her in the beginning. :loves:
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby Netbug009 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:34 pm

I saw them as a bit older, like mid-college or something.

Either way, OTP! I love these two. This is my favorite PIXAR pairing after WEVE, definatly.

There's multiple reasons for me to like this, but a good part is that I have a soft spot for when [spoil]somebody just into the line of danger for somebody they care about.[/spoil]
WALL-E Count: 46
JESUS IS LORD!
Netbug009
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Rac_Rules » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Netbug009 wrote:I saw them as a bit older, like mid-college or something.

Either way, OTP! I love these two. This is my favorite PIXAR pairing after WEVE, definatly.

There's multiple reasons for me to like this, but a good part is that I have a soft spot for when [spoil]somebody just into the line of danger for somebody they care about.[/spoil]
ya, [spoil]the way he does all of this for atta and also when she defends hm from hopper, its so sweet.[/spoil]
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby Fairly Odd New Yorker » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:49 pm

I love them too - one of the very few main couples in a Disney and/or Pixar film that I can actually stand. :lol:
Fairly Odd New Yorker
Master Scarer

Postby Rac_Rules » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Fairly Odd New Yorker wrote:I love them too - one of the very few main couples in a Disney and/or Pixar film that I can actually stand. :lol:
how come?
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Before TI, Flik and Atta were my favorite Pixar couple. I think the both are really adorable and perfect for each other.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Fairly Odd New Yorker » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:59 am

Rac_Rules wrote:
Fairly Odd New Yorker wrote:I love them too - one of the very few main couples in a Disney and/or Pixar film that I can actually stand. :lol:
how come?

I dunno - I guess because I related to Flik a lot easier than most main characters - creative and full of ideas and ignored, and then blamed when something goes wrong. And, because I think he's cute. :D I'm into the slightly-nerdy kinds, and it was even more great that he stood up for himself and the colony despite the way he was treated by them, and it almost resulted in his death! :shock:

Sure, he got annoying sometimes 'cause he seemed 'too happy' for me at times, but those little times when your heart would instantly break to see him close to tears and stuff ... aww. =(
Fairly Odd New Yorker
Master Scarer

Postby FireFly » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:27 am

It seems, to me, to be an "Opposites Attract" type story, and thought it is a bit of an overused romantic storyline, I still enjoy it. I enjoy it more because you watch the chraracters let their experiences shape their personalities for the better. In the case of Atta, she began as a shy (teenage?) girl, and by the end had completed her transformation to a strong leader - their "trials and tribulations", so to speak, bring them together in the perfect couple that they are. *Sigh* So romantic... <3
FireFly
Mutant Toy

Postby lizardgirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:56 pm

I like how their relationship isn't too predictable. Flik tries desperately hard to impress Atta, but continually fails until something clicks and she finally realises and understands who he really is. What's also good is that their romance does not entirely dominate the film. There are other relationships running thoughout (although they are less important ones) and this adds a bit of a variety in comparison with your usual romantic movie.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Rac_Rules » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:15 pm

FireFly wrote:It seems, to me, to be an "Opposites Attract" type story, and thought it is a bit of an overused romantic storyline, I still enjoy it. I enjoy it more because you watch the chraracters let their experiences shape their personalities for the better. In the case of Atta, she began as a shy (teenage?) girl, and by the end had completed her transformation to a strong leader - their "trials and tribulations", so to speak, bring them together in the perfect couple that they are. *Sigh* So romantic... <3
i actually don't think they are opposites, i find them very similar. they both have a goal and really work at it, but it doesn't work out for a while. they both also have a feeling that everyone expects them to mess up.
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby Netbug009 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Yeah, I love the opposites bit too, but FlikAtta wasn't it. It was two characters who thought they were different and realized they had a lot more in common than they thought.
WALL-E Count: 46
JESUS IS LORD!
Netbug009
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby FireFly » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:45 pm

You see two people who are, at their basic personalities, opposite. Dig deeper (perhaps by spending time with them or watching them respond to a certain situation) and you'll find two people who actually have similar temperaments with different traits in character and personality.
When I said "Opposites Attract" I didn't necessarily mean that they are completely different - in order to have a relationship with someone you have to have something in common. Are they the same? Yep. Are they opposite? Yep.
'Tis what I meant. 8)
FireFly
Mutant Toy

Postby Rac_Rules » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:21 am

FireFly wrote:You see two people who are, at their basic personalities, opposite. Dig deeper (perhaps by spending time with them or watching them respond to a certain situation) and you'll find two people who actually have similar temperaments with different traits in character and personality.
When I said "Opposites Attract" I didn't necessarily mean that they are completely different - in order to have a relationship with someone you have to have something in common. Are they the same? Yep. Are they opposite? Yep.
'Tis what I meant. 8)
that last sentence was deep, man. 8)
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby FireFly » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:17 am

"Tis what I meant"? LOL, its influence is boundless. :lol:
FireFly
Mutant Toy

Postby Rac_Rules » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:30 am

FireFly wrote:"Tis what I meant"? LOL, its influence is boundless. :lol:
i meant about them being the same and different, but suuuuuurrrreee....
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Next

Return to A Bug's Life