Pixar Planet

Shouldn't have Pixar made "A Bug's Life 2"?

Talk about Pixar's A Bug's Life here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby The Doctor » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Honestly, all the Pixar films deserve a sequel I think. This may sound odd, at the same time no Pixar film deserves a sequel as it is great by itself.
The Doctor
Shark Bait

Re: Shouldn't have Pixar made "A Bug's Life 2"?

Postby Star_Wars_Rules » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:38 am

emergencyexit42 wrote:I've been thinking about a Bug's Life and I just happened to be at fanfiction.net submitting a story. Then after that, looking up the Bug's Life section, I saw a story for a Bug's Life 2. The story dealt with Flik getting married to Atta and Hopper getting revenge on the colony for his defeat about 8 or so years ago.

There is just one issue with Hopper. He was killed by the Canary during the rain storm chase.
Star_Wars_Rules
Ant

Postby Konrad » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:40 am

The reason they won't make A Bug's Life 2 is because boy ants die young. What's the use of the movie if Flik isn't in it?
JESUS IS LORD!! I'm a proud Pixarteer!
Konrad
Garbage Boy

Postby gazelle » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:40 am

Konrad wrote:The reason they won't make A Bug's Life 2 is because boy ants die young. What's the use of the movie if Flik isn't in it?

I don't think that kind of realism is taken into account when making the film or thinking of reasons why not to make a sequel. I don't think something like that would be the kind of thing that would weigh down the possibility of making a second A Bug's Life film.
gazelle
Garbage Boy

Postby Esmedes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:31 pm

I honestly would like to see a prequel about how the circus bugs got together and the how and why Manny and Gypsy fell in love and married. And if we get to meet any of Rosie's husbands :P . It's the only thing that I can really see happening, as far as ABL goes. It's kinda hard to think of a really good villain, though. I'm not exactly sure WHAT would happen afterward. I am in the process of writing a fan fiction on what happens to the Circus bugs immediately after the ending, based on one I wrote years ago.
Even if you're entirely different insects
Esmedes
Mutant Toy

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 am

They're also making a sequal for Monsters, Inc.
Maybe they don't want to make sequals for resolved films, although that can be pretty wrong since Toy Story, Cars and MI were resolved and The Incredibles was perhaps not. DPA113 said some thing like Pixar only makes sequals if there's a good story behind it in the topic about Monsters, Inc. It could also be that the sequal films (except Cars) have higher ratings.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby buzzlightyear159 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:45 pm

no not really. i was satisfied by the end of A Bug's Life.
buzzlightyear159
Shark Bait

Postby Pixarinho* » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:38 pm

There was/is more than enough characters to/to of created a sequel (like the Toy Stories, and unlike Wall E, it's harder to make a remake with less lead characters - still be good though but not quite as much!!) but i guess the story ended on a high so there's no real need to make a sequel, and it didn't really leave the door open for a sequel, like Toy Story did. :D:D
Pixarinho*
Garbage Boy

Postby love70ways » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Esmedes wrote:I honestly would like to see a prequel about how the circus bugs got together and the how and why Manny and Gypsy fell in love and married. And if we get to meet any of Rosie's husbands :P . It's the only thing that I can really see happening, as far as ABL goes. It's kinda hard to think of a really good villain, though. I'm not exactly sure WHAT would happen afterward. I am in the process of writing a fan fiction on what happens to the Circus bugs immediately after the ending, based on one I wrote years ago.

I so agree!!! I sort of alluded to this idea in your thread about the circus bugs via a Pixar Canada short.

A prequel film would be awsome though. Leave the ant hill and grasshoppers out and just focus on the circus bugs :D

Maybe one of Rosie's husbands could play the villain? It could be a good unifying factor to unite the group.
love70ways
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Blessed Light » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:36 pm

I agree with Wboon and Flick-E. Took the words right out of my mouth.
K.M.R.F.
Blessed Light
Shark Bait

Postby Chopperface » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:56 pm

No. Bug's Life is nearly the same as Toy Story 2 in brilliance and greatness, and it doesn't need a sequel..

The Toy Story films all left the door open for a sequel. As said, the plot with Woody's hesitation and anxiety about Andy growing up was the perfect way to continue it.

Monster's Inc ended with the Monster World at peace, and Sulley able to see Boo again. That one beautiful, happy smile from Sulley said it all, and it doesn't need a sequel. I really am a bit reluctant, since it was such a sweet ending, but Toy Story 3 proved Pixar won't ruin a sequel.
Chopperface
Garbage Boy

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:01 pm

A sequel to ABL seems ridiculous to me. Like Ratatouille, it's one that's good by itself. Leave it alone!! :D
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby Daughter of Eve » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm

This is really random, but one time I had a dream that they made A Bug's Life 2 and it was supposedly rated R for extremely scary and disturbing scenes, excessive amounts of blood and gore, and more. 8D It was really funny.

I think ABL is just fine the way it is. I have a problem with sequels that show up way past the time the first one was released (I admit, I was extremely cynical about TS3 when I first heard about it). I mean - look at Disney and Fox and the Hound 2 - Tod and Copper were little again. :? Tarzan 2... from what I heard, the second movie doesn't even line up to it's prequel. And how many more Cinderella movies do they need? You know what I'm sayin'? I think ABL ended perfectly well. ;)
"Critical thinking is the key to success." ~ Professor Hershel Layton
Daughter of Eve
Toy Collector

Postby YouAreAToy!!! » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:27 am

As much as i love a bugs life and all its characters i have to say it ended well besides if they did make a sequel what would ABL2 be with out heimlich in it and heimlich cant be in it since joe ranft passed so i say we dont need a sequel to ABL.
Mr. Potato Head: It was cold and dark. Nothing but sand and a couple of Lincoln Logs.
Hamm: Uh, I don't think those were Lincoln Logs.
YouAreAToy!!!
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:33 pm

They're making enough sequels. Besides, a sequel for this movie would make no sense. Even more, no one really remembers the first one. I love it, though. :D
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

PreviousNext

Return to A Bug's Life