"A Bug's Life" coming to Blu-ray on May 19th

Looks like Disney has finally announced “ABL” Blu-ray release for May 19th, along with “Monsters, Inc.”

Source: blu-ray.com/news/?id=2423

If the special features on the Blu-ray are the same as they are on the DVD then I’m definately not buying it. Plus I don’t even have a Blu-ray player. :laughing:

Hmm, I probably won’t get A Bug’s Life, but I might just go for the Monsters, Inc. one. I do watch Monsters, Inc. a lot, so it might be worth seeing it in high definition and appreciating Randall in all his purple glory. :laughing: Though with the releases being two-disk sets, they’re probably going to be very expensive, even more so than normal Blu-rays, which are expensive enough anyway! But perhaps the age of the films will lower the price a little.

That’s cool that they both come with digital copies, though. I hope that applies to the Blu-ray releases of Pixar films all over the world and not just in America and some other countries, as with WALL-E- I’d love to be able to watch Monsters, Inc. on my iPod.

Is May 19th a worldwide release date, I wonder? I can’t see any reason for it to be delayed elsewhere.

Thanks for the heads-up, eerik!

Here’s the official press release staright from Disney:

MONSTERS, INC. & A BUG’S LIFE

Two Disney/Pixar favorites available for the first time EVER
in amazing Blu-ray high definition!

Available on 2-Disc Disney Blu-ray Hi Def + DisneyFile Digital Copy on May 19

Available for the SRP of $40.00 (Monsters, Inc.) and $39.99 (A Bug’s Life)

Monsters, Inc.
**ALL NEW Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Features **

Filmmakers Round Table

o Filmmakers Pete Docter, Lee Unkrich, Darla Anderson, and Bob Peterson reflect on the creation of the film, and share their most memorable anecdotes.

MONSTERS, INC. RIDE AND GO SEEK: BUILDING MONSTROPOLIS IN TOKYO

o A sneak peak of the newest Monsters attraction in Tokyo Disneyland, with exclusive interviews of the artists and engineers behind the ride.

ROZ’S 100 DOOR CHALLENGE (INTERACTIVE GAME) - Think you have what it takes to be a Monsters, Inc. employee? Roz will be the judge of that with her 100 Door Challenge. Deal with whatever is behind each new door. It could be a puzzle, a trivia question, a mini-game . . . it could be crazy! Do your best. Your future employment at Monsters, Inc. hangs in the balance.
BD-Live Features

o Movie Chat
o Movie Mail
o Movie Challenge
o Movie Reward

DisneyFile Digital Copy for iTunes and Window Media Player

A Bug’s Life
** ALL NEW Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Features **:

Introduction by John Lasseter
Filmmakers Round Table

o Filmmakers John Lasseter, Kevin Reher, Darla Anderson and Andrew Stanton take a journey back 10 years from when the theatrical release first premiered and discuss what advances Pixar has made in technology, story telling and the overall filmmaking process.

A Bug’s Life: The First Draft

o Existing storyboards from Pixar’s original story treatment brought to life by animating them.

Story Treatment Intro by John Lasseter
BD-Live Features

o Movie Chat
o Movie Mail
o Movie Challenge
o Movie Reward

DisneyFile Digital Copy for iTunes and Window Media Player

Presented in 1080pi.

And here’s the picture of the covers: pixarplanet.com/blog/images/515.jpg

Please check out and comment my article here for more infromation:
A Bug's Life and Monsters, Inc. Coming to Blu-ray May 19th [UPDATE] - Upcoming Pixar

Any one know when the Blu Ray version of a Bug’s life and Monsters Inc. is getting released in Australia?

Yeah, ditto that JamieZ Pixar, I’d like clarification that all of this is just for America release only at the moment, because it doesn’t mention which countries these dates apply to.

There seems to be quite a lot of extra content on both Blu-ray releases, and I quite like the covers (though I have to say, I’m particularly pleased that Randall’s included on the front of the Monsters, Inc. one. :smiley:) The selection of characters on the front of the A Bug’s Life one seems a little random, though. I guess they couldn’t fit all the appropriate characters on the front, but why Heimlich and Francis, and why not Atta, for example?

Thanks for the information, martini.

disneydvd.disney.go.com/a-bugs-l … ge=Trailer

Only have these extras? I wanted more, because I do not have a double edition on DVD …

Umm…

Trailer Blu-Ray:

disneydvd.disney.go.com/a-bugs-l … %20TRAILER

Very nice preview, thanks Pegasus.
Unfortunately they added my least favorite gag in the whole movie, the poo-poo platter one, but besides that, the trailer was top notch and of course I’ll be getting this release come May 19th, or possibly earlier.
I can’t wait to see the roundtable and newly animated sequences!!

dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=70141

Only one month until May 19th!

Looks like first reviewers have already received their copies.

forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p … ostcount=3

Blu-Ray:

:smiley:

Here’s my review for Upcoming Pixar:
pixarplanet.com/blog/exclusive-a … ray-review
I really hope you guys read it and comment. take my word for it, it’s a great buy if you have Blu-ray. I go over everything in the review! :slight_smile:

On the back over the cover you can even see that the disc supports all BD regions (just like the upcoming Japanese release of “Monsters, Inc.”).
Very nice! :slight_smile:

Catalog releases of Pixar movies have all been region free so far: Cars, Pixar Shorts vol.1 and now ABL.

Did everyone just completely ignore my review all together? I’d really appreciate if you guys read and commented. I took some time writing it and it feels underappreciated.
Thanks. :slight_smile:

HighDefDiscNews.com review - with full quality screenshots!

DVDBeaver.com review - with screenshots!

Edited. I combined both of your posts. – Mitch[/b]

@martini: may I ask you to check if the Outtakes are in High Definition? Because the reviews linked by eerik say yes (the first one) and no (the second one) :stuck_out_tongue:
And could you also please check if the audio commentary is the same of the dvd edition?
And is it really region free?
Thank you!