A Bug's Life Sequel??

Is this a good idea?

• yes
  • no
  • I’ll have to wait a little longer and see what information comes

0 voters

:open_mouth: What are your thoughts?

At first I thought this was the worst idea ever, but after thinking about it, it might be good. We’ll see.

Please stop making topics about useless sequels that we don’t need. :unamused:

This.

I hate to be harsh, but this is going to be my reaction to any thread about any Pixar sequels (aside from Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3). Especially in the case of A Bug’s Life, which is a brilliant film as a nugget on its own, but does not need extending as there aren’t any questions left unanswered.

…

Hm. I’m on the fence here.

On one hand, it’d be fun to see what happens to the ant colony, the circus bugs, and the remainder of Hopper’s gang. Pixar strives to tell wonderful stories, so I know any sequel they make will be brilliant in its own way.

On the other, Hopper is dead! He was my favorite character in that film (as well as Flik, since I can relate to him so well), so any ABL movie without him just wouldn’t be as interesting without him. He added such a dark, edgy undertone to that film, which is why I love him.

So…shrugs I guess it could be cool. I dunno though.

I have to admit. I would like to see a sequel to A Bug’s Life, because it’s my favorite Pixar Movie, and they have already teased us twice with the idea of a sequel (the Toy Story 2 outake, and the Cars trailer), and it ticks me off when I see them. But at the same time, I really don’t want to see a sequel because of how well the film wrapped up. There would really be no point to making one, excpet to see our friends again, but that’s not enough for me. I’d have to say this oen should probably be left alone.

ABL is a good movie by itself that doesn’t need a sequel. That is my opinion. There is nothing more that the viewers would like to see. It had a happy ending, Ants live happy, grasshoppers gone, what more do we need?

I think sequels are bad. :open_mouth:

I mean, it is interesting to see what might happen to the characters after the first, but I like original stories, which is why I like Pixar.

Toy Story 2 did turn out fine, and I am anticipating Toy Story 3, but when I go to see a movie I’d like to meet new characters and new stories. I’m sick of seeing movies made out of books (which sometimes disappoints most of the audience because of the missing of what one may have thought to be a major part, or the movie doesn’t look like they thought it would) or a sequel which doesn’t really bring in new characters to love, they might add one or two. Sequels make things predictable because you have seen and re-seen what happens when they are put in certain situations, so you feel like you already know them.

And I think they make the 1st movie look bad. I’m looking forward to Cars 2, I suppose, but not really because I know the characters and I can kinda guess what would happen.

Not a fan…

… see lizardgirl’s post

I totally agree.

NOOOOO WAAAY! If they make A Bugs Life 2 I’ll kick somebody!

I’m not a fan of the sequels except the Toy Story ones but yknow that’s different, a lot of people are saying where did the creative thoughts and imagination from Pixar went ? Cuz they have a plans for all kinds of sequels and i also it’s a bad idea… :confused: I think they should focus on original storys but that’s just me. :unamused:

What are you talking about? They are producing a sequel to Cars and thats all. Besides the Toy Story trilogy of course.

Yeah but everyone is talking about M.I 2, The Incredibles 2 and stuff like that ! Well Of course we’re just saying for now…

Those are just some random rumors with no authentic source.

There have been hints by the directors, but no actual solid factual indication that there will be an MI 2 or a TI 2.

I’ll make this short.

No sequel is ever a good idea.

A Bug’s Life was a good movie, but I just don’t know about a sequel. I trust Pixar 100%, but I still get nervous any time they make a sequel.

Sequels are just touchy. On one hand, if the characters are loved in the first, people like to see what’s happened to them since the movie. On the other hand, if the sequel doesn’t turn out, it’s a disgrace to the characters.

Well… personally… I would like this much more than a Cars 2. But I know this opinion isn’t the majority.

If a more than decent script can be thought up then I say why not. Both the aspects of Toy Story and that all other Pixar films are so far sequel-less have lead me to trust the company when it comes to sequels. They don’t take their hits and keep rolling with it on the high. It’s obvious that they honor their films and scripts enough to know that they’re better off respecting the classics they make and keep moving on to other projects rather than dwell on the same film for years in a row.

I think they could pull it off if they wanted to.