The Rain Chase and related

I’m not really sure if I’m allowed to “restart” archived topics, but…
I was looking through the archives and I found a topic about where Manny and Gypsy disappeared to during the chase scene [url]Rainy Chase - #9 by Shark_Bait] .

I wondered this myself, and there were several points in that topic that I personally wanted to point out.

• For one thing, Manny CAN fly…which brings me to wonder why he was riding Dim during the Rescue scene. Couldn’t he have helped distract the bird?
    ** With the flight in consideration, it was mentioned that it would be dangerous for Gypsy to fly in the rain since he wings might get damaged.
  • Maybe they went for cover and didn’t REALIZE the others were gone until a long time after they went under. They obviously didn’t notice that Hopper had grabbed Flick.
    ** Or maybe they were helping some of the others get underground, which was a contributing factor to not noticing their friends’ absence.

Now, the thing I want to know is where did P.T disappear to after he set the bird on fire? He just disappeared completely after that until spring.

I don’t think there’s a plot point to that; I believe John and the Pixar crew just saw it as practical not to confuse the audience with too much action at once. As for P.T., I think he just ran like a scared, little kid.