Could I use A bug's life as an allegory for big business?

Hear me out on this one (though I could be just stupid.)

For my US history in film class, we must choose a film that relates to a certain topic in american history and do a report on how the film explains it, be it directly or allegorical. And for some reason this film came to mind.

Now, there might be better allegories then big buisness in this film, but heres what I think…

The Ants could represent ignorant and desprate imigrant workers of the late 1880s, the grasshoppers the greedy bosses that took advantage of a people who felt like they could do nothing.

Flick and the uprising could represent trust busting/labor unions/strikes?

Any advice on how I could portray this in a presentation? Or if I should scrap this idea in general?

That’s an interesting point. I actually think it may work well.

I am personally a film lover, so, if you have Windows Movie Maker, it would be cool for you to make a kind of documentary video and show significant clips from the movie, then explain after the clip why it is significant. Then, tie it all together in the end.

That sounds neat!! If you do use it, I hope it works out!! :smiley:

Some conspiracy theorists are actually comparing Hopper and Co. to New World Order secret societies that control Wall-Street and the world economy. Whether this is true or not (or somewhere in between) is up to anyone’s guess…

I think you’re onto something here! It makes since to me. Good luck with your project!

I really don’t know if this would work…

I mean it could, but it would be quite a stretch.

I never really saw Hopper representing corporations. Then a rebellion symbolizing trust busting… :confused:

I love American history. It is my favorite subject to study, but I’m honestly having a difficult time seeing this.

I hope it works out for you though.

Thanks for the feedback from all of you!

And Love, I do hear you on that. If this film is alligorical at all, its main view probably isnt big buisness. I guess its all up to interpritation in the end, but its all speculation (For example, I have no idea where the circus bugs could fit into all of this)

Perhaps the circus buga could represent trust busting? I think that might work for you bites lip in thought

This sounds really interesting, actually. I could see it working. Good luck with it!!! :smiley: