PLEASE READ if you got a ball from me

Hello Everyone,

A while back when I obtained some pixar balls, I found out that someone flipped one on eBay. This led me to divulge that I obtained the balls from a Pixar employee and that I was upset they were being flipped on eBay.

I have learned something more upsetting. I was contacted by said employee saying that several people have been blowing up his flickr account asking for pixar studios store merchandise. He did this for me (indirectly for you) as a one time thing because I offered him my replicas. He is considering closing his flickr account now and being forced to move 1000s of pictures to a private account.

If you are currently doing this, I politely and humbly ask you to please stop it.

You will not be fruitful in this endeavor and it will cause me a large amount of embarrassment if he will have to change his flickr account.

I understand the temptation of trying to get exclusive merchandise but I really need all guilty parties to please stop.

SLINK

cant believe these idiots are doing this. do they really believe he is going to give stuff to them or sell them stuff.
People always have to ruin a good thing. i am sure he understands slink that it aint ur fault and that u have no control over it. but like u said he prob wont give stuff away now cos of these so called “fans”

I don’t get why they didn’t buy the ball from you when they had the chance? Why go behind your back and bother your supplier?

He said merchandise, not specifically the ball. They sell all kind of stuff from what I hear like shirts. I remember hearing that they used to sell the rare sinky pete until they ran out a few years ago.

Sad this happened. Ruined my chançe of getting the green Pixar shirt, and a Luxo ball keychain…

This is kind of my point…when I told the source of the balls, it shouldn’t have been a green light to bother the person for more merchandise. He did it for me because I asked for them as a form of payment to help other collectors for some items I gave to him. I feel its obvious that you can’t just bother someone you don’t know to send you stuff from their place of employment, regardless of where they are from.

To make matters worse, the guilty parties could have at least asked me first. I have another friend, a non pixar employee, who is going to the store in november and would pick up stuff within reason. But instead of talking to me about the possibility of items, certain people immediately just contacted the source, causing me much embarassment.

@Slink, sorry. I had no idea. I’d contacted about my Up house initally, and just figured it was worth a try.

Sorry this is happening to you, Slink. Just so you know, it wasn’t me dude.

Wasn’t me, either. Like I said, different reason. I contacted to see if my Up house could be promoted. Then thought about asking if I could buy a shirt.