Comparison of current Woody headsulpts?

I picked up the Disney Store Woody, mainly because of his new voice box (closer to Hanks’ voice than previously releases), the new headsculpt, the price and the fact I had a coupon for DS products.

I wasn’t sure if his headsculpt is the same one used on the Toy Story Collection, and subsequent Thinkway Woody dolls sold during the past three years.

DS version:

TS Collection (Dinoco’s pic) version:

Playtime Woody:

Lots’ O Laughing Woody uses something similar to the Reveotech laughing sculpt (it scares me a lot btw)

Can anyone verify if the majority of the Woody dolls use the same headsculpt? -Omar

Yep, I believe the Toy Story Collection sculpt is now the dominant sculp, replacing the original '95 face sculp.

Like I said before, it’s cool that the Disney Store Woody has the new headsculpt and the accurate hands. Makes him that much more authentic.

I have a thing for the 1995 - 1996 head sculpts

Wow, the difference of the film Woody and the TSC Woody is kinda scary… as someone who’s been most interested in a TSC Woody for years, that’s almost hard to believe. But I guess the TSC version is still the closest thing since it’s Pixar Data; perhaps it just looks a little off to me since the TSC one and the film one have different face sculpts. Interesting…

I dont think they are THAT different really. I mean, the face isn’t toy mode, but to me it looks just like woody.

Its a different expression, that’s it. They still used 3d printing with the real model used as the source, so it doesn’t get any more on model than this.

You also should take into account the vastly different lighting in those pics, and one is squished. Not the best comparison.

Well, that was a few years ago. However, I will be working on a better comparison to be more accurate.

To settle things once and for all:

The two are from high quality sources and at the same angle.
Furthermore, I made a morph of the two: (Click the picture to see it animated)

So what’s to gain from this?

• To accommodate for Woody’s new expression, his head seems a little squished
  • In general, his head is less square
  • His jaw, which is usually squared off, is stretched for his new expression (this shows that simply re-molding the smile would not be a definitive fix).
  • The nose is more rounded off
  • Going off of that, it looks like some detail is lost due to the softer plastic being used

^That’s a much better comparison, Dinoco. Even if there are some minor flaws, I still am impressed by the quality and detail!