Never Before Seen Toy Story Picture

In the many years since Toy Story was released, I thought I’ve seen it all. But then this picture pops up:

I know it’s just a promotional shot, but it’s odd that I’ve never seen it show up before prior to now. I initially thought it was fake, but it’s too good not to be Pixar.

Wow, I have never seen this! wonder if there are more we havent seen?

That’s a new one on me!!!

Oh wow, I forgot about this one. I saw this once before. Very sinister looking lol

I’m wondering the same thing. I could fill up a whole thread with renders by Pixar that weren’t used in the film, but most of them you’ve probably all seen through promotional items (the one of Woody standing on the bed tilting his hat back is probably the most famous).

Are you talking about the one that was used or the Super Nintendo game?

This picture here.

Here is the one I was talking about:

Oh, I remember that! I have a poster with that on it. On the same topic, the cover for the Art of Toy Story is strangely redone…

Then again, it’s sort of like how the theatrical poster for Toy Story was redone for the home video release to give Woody a happier expression.

I prefer the one on the left :stuck_out_tongue: Here is another, very common but here it is:

Oh yeah, that’s probably the most popular.

Also, this exchange between Woody and Buzz never occured in the film either. Though Woody’s expression is classic.

On the topic of Toy Story 2, this one was amusing:

Love that video game one :stuck_out_tongue: on the topic of sequels, here is one from TS3

Wow, never seen that one before. Where’d you find that?
On another note, that Lotso picture is very misleading. If you hadn’t seen the film, you’d think Buzz was abandoning Woody for Lotso or something. That’s what I thought when I saw it in the months before TS3. But it’s really just supposed to represent Woody not accepting the daycare situation while the other toys do.

Nice find! I’m assuming it was a promotional pic?

Whoa, I certainly don’t recognize that pic! Just seeing it brings back great memories, though. I love little discoveries like this! :slight_smile:

I love how mischievous Woody’s expression is.

Just a few updates on others:

I’ve been looking for the full picture, but haven’t found it; this version actually shows the most of Andy’s room:

But yet this picture shows more to the left (also notice the small variations in lighting:

Never realized it, but there’s a variation of this picture with Woody’s eyes squinted (as well as Buzz’s ship in the background):

Here’s something interesting I found in Toy Story: The Art and Making of an Animated Film (sorry, this was taken with my cell phone camera):

I’ve never seen it before; my initial instinct was that this was a deleted scene; this was grouped in with images from the Strange Things scene, and fits the bill. Though a fully rendered deleted scene is rare (to my knowledge, only one exists), and would have plausibly been taken out at an earlier stage in animation. Plus, the globe ended up on Andy’s desk. My final verdict? Promotional shot.

Also from the book is this shot of the mutant toys:

Various merchandise uses this shot, but what’s up with Rock Mobile’s arms here?

I had another Toy Story storybook, and it seems that was corrected, as this image is identical otherwise (albeit cropped).

My goodness, I have that book and never noticed those pics! Cool find, Dinoco!

Thanks! If you guys want, I can try to get some higher quality scans. Pretty soon, I think I might make a collection of rare Toy Story images.