A possible error

One thing I’ve never noticed is that in the Al’s Toy Barn scene in Toy Story 2, ALL the Buzzes have Utility Belts! What’s more interesting is that it’s not visible from the front view, it has to be seen at a certain angle. Here’s one such instance:

(For more, go to disneyscreencaps.com/)

But anyways, I thought that was weird; apparently you don’t need to buy the “NEW” Utility Belt, they all came with it!

I see what youre pointing out, but I dont really see how its an error?

I thought the belt was being sold separately, as the Buzzes on the shelf were intended to be normal Buzzes (like Andy’s). Since the packaging covers up the belt itself and makes no indication of the addition, it seems the belt wasn’t supposed to show through the packaging.

Well, just because the belt is added, I dont think the film provides any indication that they arent supposed to come with it.

Eh, that’s kinda what they were getting at. The belt was new, the Buzz wasn’t.

Plus, none of the boxes indicate there is a utility belt included.

Toy companies do that all the time. Re-release a toy with something better to make the old ones obsolete. I think you’re reading too much into it.

Call it an Easter egg or an error; the point was the belt isn’t visible from a normal view.

When Hamm notices the belt the bad Buzz is wearing, he answers back it is “standard issue”.

You’d trust his judgement on the matter?

I’d chalk it up to production of the movie being rushed. They had some of the tightest production schedules of their movies and if I remember right, a number of setbacks. They probably didn’t think it was worth taking the time to design a new box that highlighted the belt and made it clearly visible.