Size inconsistencies...

So, in the movies, the toys really seem to fluctuate in size at times… I really dont have any proof of this, per say, but, for example, when I look at the official figures of Andy’s toys from 3, how big they all end up being, and the toy chest, and all the junk thats in the chest, it seeeems like the figures are smaller in that scene or the chest seems pretty huge, but I cant really tell.

Also, when Andy is holding Buzz and Woody, the figures seem rather small in his hands. I figured Andy is about my size (maybe a little shorter. I’m 6’2’').

does anyone else feel like this? or am I just nuts?

The animators just scale the figures to fit the needs of the shot, and what looks best in each instance.

yea… somtimes they dig woody into the round too as he’s too tall… u dont just get to see

LOL! really?! See, I KNEW something was up when they were on their way to Sunnyside: That box seemed MUCH bigger on the inside than it did on the outside…

Most movies, even live action, do this. In real life the dig holes or have actors stand on boxes. Well, that’s the old fashioned way, but now they can do all that with digital effects. But in animated films its even more common.

Yeah, that’s pretty much it. The animator’s have a scale for each object in mind, but it sometimes has to be tweaked to meet their needs for a scene.

In real life, it’s been pretty consistant with toys; Buzz has always been around the same size, however Woody’s size has fluctuated.

I take you you didn’t listen to the commentary? Lee Unkrich talks about how and why they had to cheat that shot.