Bo Peep, Etch, and Wheezy in TS3

So it’s revealed in TS3 that Bo Peep, Etch, and Wheezy are no longer in Andy’s Room. Where do you think they went to and what role (if any) could they have played in the third film?

First, I just want to say that even though I don’t love TS3 and it’s my least favorite Pixar film, I still like it as a whole and some parts are genius! It’s just a few (big) parts that bother me, like this subject matter.

This is why Toy Story 3 is the only Pixar film I ever got upset at. Somehow I feel like John Lasseter would not have cut these characters, his characters out of the film if he was the director. Especially not RC, he loved RC. John WOULD HAVE found a way to make it work. The choices made of who Andy would keep and who he might not keep sort of makes sense, but then it doesn’t. They were all important before. We all grew to like them, even if they didn’t play a big role, just because their presence kept some joy in the Toy Story world.

I sort of don’t want to think about where they are now. Hopefully, nice children own them now, or at least a collector that will never break them. Then, I wonder if the end where Andy’s remaining toys almost reach their fate was supposed to be an indicator to what did or what will happen to the rest of them. That part is also something I really don’t like.

However, I do think their presence in the movie could have done a lot. It could have shown that Andy really does care about all of his toys. If anything, this would be the opportunity to bring their minor roles into something much greater for things like the prison break, and maybe some of them could have had some thoughtful lines. As for Bo Peep being delicate, perhaps she would really need to realize that in this film and in doing so, become a stronger female character who knows the stakes are higher for her, causing her to work harder to save her friends and stick together. Perhaps Jerome Ranft could have filled in for his late brother to play Lenny and Wheezy. This is what I think.

That was definitely the most sad part of 3 for me was the loss of certain favorite characters. I understood why some had to be cut, but it made it no less saddening. As far as roles that they could’ve played in the film had they been included, here’s my thoughts:

Bo Peep: Seeing how Molly’s mom made her go through and put some toys in a box to take to Sunnyside, it’s not a far stretch to believe that they had done this practice before, so it’s likely that Bo Peep wound up at Sunnyside or somewhere else in a loving home, but it’s just as likely that she could’ve been broken too I suppose. It would’ve been funny to see some kind of Charlie’s Angels spoof scene with her, Jessie, and Barbie, or something to that effect. I somewhat agree with the above poster that she could’ve acknowledged her fragile nature and had to overcome it, but I think that would’ve focused too heavily on one specific character where the film’s story was about the toys as a collective group, and when I watch the daycare scenes and the scenes at the dump, I just don’t see how Bo would’ve lasted through to the end logistically speaking. That’s not to say I wouldn’t have loved to see her, because I thought it sucked to see how Buzz and Jessie had each other and Woody didn’t have his love interest, and how hurt he seemed when he mentioned her, but I just don’t think she would’ve lasted, and we’d be treated to a sad death scene at some point near the end of the film.

Wheezy: This guy was a cute addition to the gang in TS2, but he was already on his way out then. Assuming he didn’t lose his squeaker again, I can see him being considered a child’s toy more than the others and being parted with as Andy got older. It would’ve been interesting to see him interacting with Bonnie’s toys, but I didn’t feel like the movie was really lacking something too significant without him. I feel bad writing that even though he’s just a fictional character, but it’s true.

Lenny: My thoughts and feelings on Lenny are similar to those of Wheezy, but I can see Lenny having practical usage in the jail-break scene, as a lookout or as binoculars, but much like with Wheezy, I can see him being parted with due to his seemingly childish nature as a toy, as when Andy gets bigger he’s obviously going to need larger binoculars that actually function properly, if he gets them at all.

Etch: Etch didn’t really surprise me as not being included, as he really wouldn’t have been able to fill a need, nor would I truly consider him part of the main cast. He could’ve had practical use in the break-out scene similar to Lenny, but aside from that I can’t really see him being that big of a character in the rest of the film, even though he had his cute moments in the first two films.

RC: Perhaps the most tragic for me, as I loved the character of RC in both the previous films, and I think my most favorite scene of the entire trilogy, aside from The Claw crane game, is when Woody and Buzz are chasing the moving truck. RC always held a special place in my heart, but like with the others, I can really understand why he was cut from the film, as he would’ve been probably the most difficult to work into the story with the others. How would they’ve been able to do the dump scene with him? He doesn’t really have arms to grab anything magnetic, and it would’ve been difficult for the toys to figure something out quickly enough to hoist him up, I think.

Ultimately, I would’ve loved to have seen all of these guys worked into the movie somehow, even if it was only at the end during the credits scenes, but I understand the creative forces that went into play here.

Hi! Guys! I’m Dominic,and I’m new here! I just found about this forum yesterday. I read on imdb that the main reason Bo Peep wasn’t in the third one was that she was very very unlikely to survive the incinerator.