what character would you like me to design as a 3D model

Hello all I’m currently planing on making other toy story characters but they’d be simple ones like Mr.spell. so leave comments on what you’d like me to design and I’ll do my best to make them and then put them on shapeways available to buy.

The top of everyone’s list would be:

Mr. Spell
Robot
Trixie
Chuckles
Bookworm
Big Baby head sculpt
Rocky?

Honestly the only one within reason would be Mr. Spell, I think

I would ask Kyle about him, because me and Kyle were going to work on one, BUT if you already have a shapeway account, perhaps it would be easier if you did it, because frankly I’d like to retire and just be purchaser lol

Mrs Potatohead pieces would be nice too

change the eyebrows on Mr P and you’re done

Then a small pink nose and lips and everyone can turn a Mr P into an awesome Mrs. P

Well like I said they’d have to be simple shapes like Mr.Spell, robot bookworm the others would be very difficult and they’d be made with a 3d printer though I would like to try my luck with slinky-dog.

I think your best bet would be:

Potatohead Eyes and Mouth
Mrs. Potatohead eyes, mouth, nose
Mr. Spell

I think those are doable and would sell well

Just my 2 cents

Yeah those are the ones I’d like to do most and Slinky-dog but he’d be in two parts and no slinky.

you could probably find a decent slinky for the middle, but his tail would be hard to find

Also, getting the movable joints might be hard…and painting…

What I meant buy no slinky is that I figured there easy enough to get so I thought who ever bought it could attach the slinky them self & the tail could be made as shapeways does print in metal.

I would definetely put slink at the top of my wishlist. I gave a go at it a while back, and its deceptively difficult. For me at least.

About the tail spring, they can do metal, but can they do metal that can bend like a spring, or would it be stuck in whatever you posed the model in? I think it might help to go ask a site like centuryspring.com/index.php and ask if they’ll fabricate a spring that has the right amount of taper, length, and springiness to it. Something that isnt too stiff and moves around a lot.

For slinky I’m really hoping to do the head justice and the legs probably won’t be movable as it would cost too much in materials. But I can do my best to try to make slink have articulation.

Yeah, the sculpt is most important thing, if we have to sacrifice articulation, so be it. Hopefully (if you do it) it can at least look like it has articulation though. And if you could get any in there at all it would do wonders for it.

How do you think you would handle the ears? I dont think I’d want ears that were hard plastic. Maybe someone could buy a yard of this faux leather to make them out of?
fabric.com/home-decor-fabric … brown.aspx

How ever since I don’t own a slinky dog I could use some dimensions for reference if any would be willing to take some dimensions of there slinky dog so I could get it in actually size I’d really appreciate it. Also what expression should I do I figured toy mode would be best any thoughts.
As for the ears I figured I’d fine some material but the one you posted sounds promising though if I did make the ears they would be one piece and would slide into a slot that would avoid unnecessary cuts

I’d help but I never bought a Slinkydog myself.
One thing worth noting, there seems to be different sizes?

Which one is the more screen accurate scale?

For the expression, Im a bit torn. I would say toy mode, but next to the rest of the toy story collection it might look better if he too was smiling, like here.

Otherwise he might stick out like a sore thumb being the only “dead” toy. But a neutral expression would be fine as well. Ive always had a fondness of his deadpan look.

I was thinking perhaps something like this as desing wise
Slinky is about the same height as hamm and the body is about an inch wider then the slinky plus the 3d rotation on the toy story site will help me alot

[b]By when do you think you will have the Mr. P parts? I would love to add Mr.Spell to my collection I think he’s fairly simple to make. I remember seeing someones 3D model once I believe maybe you can contact that person. If I find it again, I’ll post it here.

:smiley:[/b]

That would be me, heh.

lol I should have known so are you going to work with him?

I was in talks with Slink to get it 3D printed/produced, and that might still happen, but I haven’t talked to woodbuzz about 3D printing outside of this thread. Its a bit soon to talk about it too seriously just yet though, as my model still needs work to be screen accurate.

I want mr. Spell and the robot from ts1 :slight_smile:

It depends on the measurements of the model you made and if you can export it as an STL file as that is how the 3D printer reads the file. I found this model of a mr. spell and its really good [url]CgWhat.com is for sale | HugeDomains I’m gonna try to recreate what they did only in solidworks