Character Discussion: Aliens

Just thought of an idea: The aliens are some of the most popular characters from the Toy Story films and even from animation history in general. So I was wondering, does anybody want to share thoughts on them?

I’ve talked to the guy who voices them. He’s quite friendly. ^^

If it wasn’t for the Aliens, Lotso would never have pulled Woody into the dumpster. So I hate them.

huh?

wheezybestbud your post doesnt make sense?

if it wasnt for those 3 the whole gang would of melted!

One of the Aliens got his foot caught in the lid of the dumpster. When Woody lifted up the lid to free the Alien’s foot, Lotso (who was already in the dumpster) pulled Woody into the dumpster. Yes, the Aliens saved them from melting, but it would have never come to that if they didn’t get their foot caught in the dumpster.

That was not intentional lol you would have rather Woody not saved his friend?

Also by that same logic you shouldn’t have an avatar of Wheezy, because if it wasn’t for him being sold at the yard sale Woody would have never been stolen.

I’m not saying that I didn’t want Woody to help his friends; I just didn’t want Lotso to pull him into the dumpster as a result. And the only difference between saving Wheezy vs saving the Aliens is that Woody’s life was never threatened as a result of saving Wheezy.

Prospector was going to kill Woody if he didn’t go to Japan just saying.

Whoa, easy here fellas! I do have to agree with toystory21 as in both cases, Woody is just being a good friend, and after all, it is Lotso who is the bad guy for dragging Woody down, and it gives purpose to the end of the film and giving the toys an obstacle to overcome. However, WheezysBestBud, I may agree that perhaps there could have been a different way in which Woody falls into the dumpster instead of just having the aliens be the cause of it. And how is it that Lotso could have grabbed Woody when he was so far down in the dumpster?

Anyway, to change topic: toystory21, do you mean to say that you’ve actually met Jeff Pidgeon in person? That is so cool! If you don’t mind sharing, what was it like meeting him.

I agree with LQstudiesPixar.

There’s no need to damage this thread with such an absurd fight, so lets cool it down.

I haven’t meet him in person just online.

Whose fighting? lol

Oh, okay. I was just wondering.

I just thought it sounded like a little spat may have been going on. I may have misunderstood, and sorry if I did. As long as there wasn’t one, though, that’s all that matters.

Anyone have the Toy Story collection aliens?

toystory21, please don’t double post before 12 hours.

And like LQstudiesPixar I definitely felt a tense vibe in the discussion, specially from one of you. Hopefully that has passed.

Talking about Alien, what I find funniest about them is the fact that they feet are joined in one piece and the way their mouths move.

Oh, goodness, one of the best things to me about the aliens (or to those few who are familiar with Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command, the LGMs) is the story about how they came to be in the first Toy Story. I’ve read that story twice in both Toy Story art and making of books. Basically, if somebody in the room that day hadn’t called out “The Claw!”, the Toy Story franchise might not exist… :mrgreen:

Speaking of the Aliens, does anyone have an extra TSC Alien? I just need one. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. PM me.

I think they are particularly hilarious in Toy Story 2. It was just so random for them to appear out of nowhere, and then just to be adopted by the Potato Heads. 8D And their dialogue was funny, too: “You have saved our lives, we are eternally grateful!” :smiley:

Hey guys. So I know this is a silly question, but I’ve always wondered something. Toy Story has always been a masterpiece to me, but one thing that always bothered me was when Sid threw the alien he brought home to Scud, who attacked the alien. Since I know it is revealed in the end that turns out to be okay and not beaten, is it supposed to be implied earlier that the alien to “died”, or just was being viciously attacked at the moment? I would guess (and hope) that it was implied that he was just going to have it tough living at Sid’s house rather than for it to implied that Scud would just finish him off on the spot.

What are you talking about? I think you may be looking into it just a little too far and are trying to find meaning where this is no meaning. Sid gave his dog a chew toy and he chewed on it. As you can see in the backyard, the alien did not “die”. Just chewed up like a dog toy. Don’t worry he’s alive, hahaha.