A Heartfelt Thank You

To Everyone on the Pixar Planet Toy Story Board,

The realization that most of my posts/threads/board legacy (lol) will be deleted in about 2 weeks has left me reflecting nostalgically on the past few years, so let me just say two simple words:

Thank You

I first found this board in 2010 and was admiring several of your collections. Wampar’s collection was the first one that I noticed and checked the boards almost daily to see his updates, that at the time he was cranking out updates quite rapidly. My girlfriend at the time, now fiancé, got me my first three characters and it has been a fun spiral ever since.

The very first person I ever had dealing with was looking for a Disney Store Hamm bank, which I provided for a small cost. At the time I was struggling financially through college and every little bit helped. This person I ended up sending many packages to, the last one at cost, and have been in consistent friendly contact ever since. Since then, I have tried helping many of you complete your collections. Whether it be the international folks who had no access to TSC Aliens, Hamm banks, and on ice Lennys, or just those of you who missed out on TSC Rex or wanted a pixar studios ball. Or eventually, my own replicas (more on that later)

And in return many, many of you have helped me. I owe the following items in my collection in some form to a member on this board:

TSC Rex
Young Epoch Stinky Pete
Medicom Rocky
Playskool Baby Monitors
Pink Shelf Bear

…….and I think the list will grow even more when all is said and done

For all of you who have helped me with my collection, again, Thank You.

Finally, I can honestly say almost every member of the board has purchased one of my own replicas from me. Whether it be the so-so shark or snake that I initially made, or the brilliant Troikas or Roly Poly Clown, I got a lot of support, advice, and constructive criticism on all the projects and most of them turned out amazing. In the process, I’ve gotten to know some of you in real life or FaceBook, and I definitely have appreciated the friendships and communications beyond Toy Story Collecting.

I hope one day, everyone can finish their collections and perhaps 3-D printers (or other technology) will one day help someone smarter and more computer savvy than myself to create the obviously missing characters from everyone’s collection. I encourage those you to not give up simply because the site has shut down the sale of replicas. Still try, and post you’re excellent work, and it will be appreciated. I look forward to seeing some the projects that seem to be in the pipeline, such as, just an example, the Potatohead eyes from WoodBuzz.

As for myself, I will try to stay active on the boards, and will certainly be back from time to time to check up on things, especially if new toys are released or when the shorts/short movies debut. However, as the 3 movies have already been super analyzed, my interest in the boards really only goes about as deep as the replicas and new toys.

However, I hope to remain in contact with most of you, and thanks again for helping me improve my collection, help produce such amazing replicas that so many of you have, and for all the friendships I’ve made as result

Best Regards

Brian

“SLINK”

Wow, that really sucks that the admins would make you delete your posts. Can you ask them to at least just lock the threads that involve you selling replicas, rather than destroy them off the face of the planet?

I mean, I can kind of understand how they’d think that selling on a forum might be a tad bit dangerous, but you’d think that they’d let you do it when so many people have bought toys from you successfully with no problems.

And I kind of agree, without new toys or Replicas this forum gets a bit boring. I don’t go on here as often as I did when the Toy Story Collection was in its peak. You not producing replicas will just take away a reason to be active on the forums.

Anyway, do you have an e-mail address, or a way we can reach you in the future should you create any more amazing replicas?

No, THANK YOU Slink!

You misunderstand, not ALL my post will be deleted, just my roly poly thread and troikas thread, and possibly any post that I sold something with (shark or snake) or whatever

and I think I’m retiring from replicas for now, but 3-D printing seems to be a few years away from being available so you never know, I’ll still answer pms and emails

3d printing is actually available now through shapeways

Available, but in its infant stages, I bet in 10 years, we’ll have 3D printers that you can just scan anything and change the size and that will print in color

Your Pixar ball and Troikas made my son’s room complete. Thanks again for everything, Slink!

-Jonaas (and Jack!)

Thanks for being such an awesome friend Brian. I look forward to seeing how your collection grows and how you ultimately decide to display it.

You’ve done wonders for the collectors of the world, and it won’t be forgotten. Thank you, for everything :slight_smile:

I’m not on here much myself, mainly a lurker, but i have to thank you for all the fantastic items you created and at a great price for us all.

It’s a shame they will be putting a stop to it (although i understand why) and hope it doesn’t hinder myself and many others obtaining accurate characters in the future or at least not at ridiculous prices.

Thanks again, Slink/Brian.

My school has a 3d design class and we do are 3d printing through another highschool but yeah i bet even less then 10 years we will see vast improvements in 3d printing

I must admit, I too haven’t been active on this forum for some time now but I will always remember how much of a great support you have been to my collection. Without your help, I wouldn’t have the collection I have today so thank you Brian for the great guidance and help you have given us!

Thank you for getting us things that we otherwise wouldn’t have a chance of getting! Specifically, I’m super appreciative of the Luxo ball I got from you. So happy to be able to have that as a part of my collection.