mr potatohead thinkway: a problem

hi all… new here. i registered to ask if anyone here could shed some light about thinkway mr potatohead. bought it when it first came out, and it was stored unopened unplayed for that long. and now i have a 2 years old girl, so i thought it’s time for some toy story fun; i showed her the film and brought out the toys from the storage. we pressed the ‘try me’ button a couple of times while potatohead is still inside the box, and it’s talking and shaking. still worked fine after all this time, i thought. we took it out of the box, pressed it again, and it’s not shaking anymore. instead of a shake, it gives out a grating loud vibrating sound, everytime. the toy still talks, but it doesnt ‘dance’ anymore. batteries changed and result is the same. nobody dropped it. it was fine one second inside the box, and broken the next second.

anyone had heard of this? any suggestion is appreciated. i just feel ripped off, the toy isn’t cheap.

I had the same problem with two Mr Potato Heads.

The first time, I took it back to the store and exchanged it for one that appeared to be working when in the package. However, when I opened it, it made the same loud, mechanical “grinding” noise as the first one. I took it back to the store, but they had sold out.

I emailed Thinkway Toys about the issue. They asked me to provide a photo of Mr Potato Head, the packaging and my receipt. I provided the photo and they sent me a working “body” for Mr Potato Head (even though I’m an international customer). Their customer service was FANTASTIC!

As such, I would recommend emailing Thinkway Toys about your problem. Good luck!

i’ll do that. hopefully they’ll replace mine as well. thxu. :slight_smile: