A 2nd Toy Story Trilogy With New Toys?

Would you like a 2nd trilogy with new toys?

• Yeah if they come up with a good story.
  • Not sure, might be ok.
  • No, no I do not want a new toy trilogy.
  • Maybe have a few shorts with new toys?

0 voters

The first three movies would be the Woody and Buzz trilogy, and the 2nd trilogy would be about 2 new toy lead characters. I think if done right with a good story and likeable toys it could be something awesome. I would love something about a toy soldier, but it doesn’t have to be the toy soldiers we see in the original trilogy, they could be GI Joes or Star Wars action figures (Disney did buy Lucasarts so that is possible) What would be cool is like a toy war, but that might be dark for a kids franchise. Though Star Wars went from little kid friendly to a PG-13 entry with little kids and almost every single Jedi getting slaughtered. (I know it’s obvious most of you have seen Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith but better safe then sorry) so it is possible Pixar could go in a bit of a darker route, maybe even a PG-13 route someday. So Yay or Nay on a 2nd trilogy with new, maybe more modern toys? Also, what are your thoughts or my idea of maybe it being a bit darker with a toy soldier and possibly a toy war? Do you have your own idea of a trilogy? Post it!

I wouldn’t mind a reboot with new toys (they seem to be rebooting everything nowadays, and most of them are good). But personally I think Pixar has told all it could with the Toy Story story (they get a new owner, the circle of life continues). I don’t want a second trilogy cos’ that would be too “Dreamworks”. One’s enough. If Pixar really wants to extend the shelf-life of the franchise, they can do it through shorts with new characters, or a TV show.

i just stick on the DVD’s every now and then and have a toy story watching day great fun

We all love toy story … But with new toys would not be the same . You cant replace the old team . just my opinion …I am running out
Of of space for new toys lol

Alex

I wouldn’t mind some spinoff shorts, but new movies?

qkme.me/3tgwz5

Definitely not interested.

It would be really sad to see the old bunch go. However, if they create a magnificent story just like for all the other toy stories it may be okay. They should have some of the same characters making cameo apperences or important ones but they should be carefull as they may make a bad film like puss in boots. Toy story 3 finished the trilogy well i think and there are some shorts being made.

You know if they were thinking about this during toy story 3 it would be cool as at they end of toy story there is a bunch of other toys going to sunnyside which come in a box like the normal group. What if these were the toys, there was a zurg there.

hey puss in boots was pretty good but any way no i don’t want to see a second trilogy because what makes toy story so great is the characters there’s an emotional connection for many people as we have grown up with these characters for almost 18 years to remove them would be to remove toy story instead we’d have a story with some toys we don’t know. plus what dilemma would they go through if it was different than Andy’s toys then why not just have the dilemma happen to them and they couldn’t just rehash the same challenges for a new set of toys cuz it be the same story except new toys and not as good someone said reboot it WHAT WHAT how do you reboot it now yes many films do reboot but those are mostly comic book films where they have already been retold so many times its no big thing but to reboot toy story would just be pointless it be the same film so why bother just watch the originals.
I would how ever like to have continues shorts because those are always fun.

Pixar seems satisfied with where the Toy Story series is. Toy Story 3 being the last movie, but the series is still kept alive by occasional shorts. If the new series is that disconnected from the original series, then it might be a better idea to just make a new series completely and not rely on the Toy Story name to draw a crowd.

Also, nice avatar.

THIEF! Just kidding :laughing:

what is this? star wars. idiotic idea!