Yard Sale

i was wondering the other day if i were put in Als shoes and came across a rare toy story figure that i really needed to complete my collection in a yard sale, but like in toy story 2 the owner wouldnt sell it. would i do as Al did or accept that i could not buy the item, what would you do if you saw a rare skinky pete, lenny, rocky to name but a few for sale for a few pounds or dollars?

I wouldn’t steal it :stuck_out_tongue: but I would try to negotiate haha

^Same. I’d definitely try hard to get it from them, act non-conspicuous at first (as Al did when he said "How about 5 bucks for all this junk) and even try offering them $100 or something, but if they still wouldn’t budge I’d just walk away disappointed. I would not steal it.

I would respect the person’s wishes and not even try to negotiate. Though, I would wonder what the item was even doing at the yard sale if it wasn’t for sale.

Lies I bet if it came down to it and this toy could make you rich like al was going to be you would do it. But you can’t see the child who had the toy because if we all saw that we wouldn’t take it.

Throw 'em a fair offer and leave it at that. Al persisted even after Andy’s mom said it was an “old family toy,” and I hope no one would go that far.

depends. what is it?

Stealing is bad! And really, stealing a child’s toy? That’s just sad.

well, it might be sad, but lets consider that al was pretty obsessive, and so am I.

Oh, I’m quite obsessive, especially about toys, and Pixar. But I could never take something, and knowing it belonged to a child would deter me even if I was tempted.

well, the value of it would probably make me take it anyways, even if i knew it was wrong and was a childs. but my thinking would be that " its out in the yard sale so it must not matter to them that much

I would get on my knees and beg. :laughing:

like i statted, i would still take it. especially if it was hopalong cassidy

I frequent yard sales, or more aptly, flea markets, and I have never come across something I needed dearly that didn’t happen to be for sale. It happens, though - often because somebody already bought it or negotiated to buy it, and the seller’s keeping it until the buyer takes it home, often the case with large objects not easily stored away.

If I did come across something rare e.g. a rare piece of Donkey Kong merchandise (I collect that) that wasn’t for sale, I’d offer an absurd amount of money. If they still wouldn’t sell it, I would throw a fit on the spot and maybe, just maybe walk away angrily. Yup.

I’d probs never resort to stealing though.

i still would.