Shiny New Toys !!!!!!

Shiny new toys versus played with used toys .

Everyone wants new unused boxed toy story toys in mint condition … Everything had to be perfect or I would not purchase them…
Now am not so sure… I know they are worth more in pristine condition. But I don’t care about their worth anymore as I don’t intend selling them …
Reason I have changed how I look at this is because of my daughters Toy story collection.

I must admit my daughters collection is well played with … Scratches etc . But some how I feel her toys look better than mine as hers look the way toys should look.
The toys in Toy story are not all shiny and new looking … If you want screen accurate . Well played with toys look better … That’s just my opinion :wink:

I particularly liked the part in toy story 3 where the toys were all messed up after the Kids played with them at sunny side

Looking for opinions on Shiny new V played and used…

Cheers

Alex :smiling_imp:

I think I know just what you mean. My TSC Jessie has a very worn look to her now and though I’ve thought of getting a second one just for displaying, I find that the worn look gives her more character. It’s hard to describe but as a big toy collector myself, I find you get a vibe off of used toys that you don’t get from pristine unused ones. A vibe that says; This toy has had adventures. This toy has stories. Like the energy from the child it was previously owned by somehow rubbed off onto the toy and thus, some of that energy transfers to you making it more exciting.

Interesting. When I buy toys, I like to display them, but I also play with them, and then put them back on the shelf. My toys mostly look new, I have a few from my childhood, and they naturally look a lot worse. I guess it depends on what you like. I’ll never sell mine either, but I still try to take good care of them, clean them etc. But if I see a dinged up doll or action figure, I like to restore and adopt them. To me I guess it depends on the condition I receive them in.

Dragonrider1227, you made me so totally sad. it was like toy story in one paragraph.

XD Not my intention