Looking for a particular Buzz Lightyear toy...

I’ve been on the hunt for a particular Buzz Lightyear for about a month now and have had no luck.

The reason I’m so after it is because it was my first piece of Toy Story merchandise as a kid. It was a 7 or 8 inch Buzz Lightyear by Thinkway. It featured a "multi phrase voice simulator :laughing: " like the larger 12 inch Buzz figures and had a functioning laser. The wings however, were separate pieces you could stick into his jet pack.

ebay.com/itm/Collectible-Toy … _63wt_1255

It uses the same figure as this bank, however, obviously it was not a bank. It was a stand alone figure.

ebay.com/itm/Toy-Story-Elect … 113wt_1018

It was also the same figure used for this model kit, but did not need to be assembled.

Did anyone have this or have the official name/product info?

I think I have the same Buzz Lightyear that you’re describing and he was my first piece of Toy Story merchandise too. When I have some free time I’ll try and upload some pics of him for you.
Did his trim glow in the dark by any chance?

I believe his trim did glow in the dark, but I’m not 100 percent sure. I haven’t seen it in years. I just remember it was about 7 or 8 inches tall (significantly shorter then a normal Buzz Lightyear) but had several of the features.

Hefty price, but I found it:
ebay.com/itm/BUZZ-LIGHTYEAR- … 3a87d41f1c

Great figure, if you ask me. Identical sculpt as the original, but only sized down. Has voice simulator, laser, and glow in the dark trim as well. The wings were also a cool addition, as they snapped on and were proportionally accurate.

i remember those guys.

Thanks for the find Dinoco. I saw that too and thought the price was steep, although it had some nice pictures of the box.

I managed to find one yesterday used but in good shape. ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-PIXAR-TO … 416wt_1219

I don’t know what that thing he comes with is, but I’m positive that’s the figure.

Nice find, I’m guessing the accessory was for another Buzz?

I believe so judging by the Toy Story 2 era art on the remote and the fact I’ve never seen it before. I really have no room for whatever is and didn’t particularly want it, but the auction was worth it for the Buzz. 8D

It wouldn’t happen to be this Buzz Lightyear would it?

This is the one I had as a kid too. I took it to school once and a kid called Jordan (named and shamed) attempted to steal it. (He had previously stolen Mr Potato Head’s arm too.) Thankfully another boy in my year informed me of his thievery and I snuck into the cloakroom during lunch and obtained it from his bag.

As I turned around BAM right in front of me was the strictest teacher in the school. She confiscated it, along with his wings and I was accused of stealing from Jordan’s bag! :open_mouth:

It got it back eventually but I never saw the wings again. As a 6 year old boy, I wondered if my Woody and others would have gone on a rescue mission to Jordan’s house to save Buzz and Mr P’s arm. 8D 8D 8D

Just buy the Newer Disney Store Figure. Its the closest thing you’ll get to movie accurate.