The True Identity of Andy's Mom

moviepilot.com/posts/2014/02/24/ … to=1247874

Might as well bring this up here, since it’s currently going viral. It’s a neat article, but I don’t buy it. The hat seems to be coincidence; it’s a very similar model to Woody’s hat, but the color was clearly changed. For the sake of moviegoers, it would be strange to see Andy wearing a hat identical to the model Woody’s wearing. The hat being too big to fit in the box doesn’t seem like a strong enough argument for why Emily would be tempted to keep one, unimportant piece of memorabilia, but give away her beloved Jessie. The resemblance is passing at best; they didn’t even use a picture of Andy’s mom from the first film, just another picture of her from Toy Story 2.

Also, I could’ve sworn that Andy’s mom’s was named Jennifer (can anyone back that up?)

Ahhh, you just beat me to it! I was about to post this very same article.

I actually found this one more interesting than the original “Pixar Theory”. It’s slightly more plausible, IMO.

It was always in the back of my mind that Andy’s mom was Emily. Though the hats are clearly not the same shape.

It’s an interesting theory, but not one that I subscribe to.

I think it’s fine for Andy’s family to have no connection to Emily. The important part of Jessie’s journey is that she found a new home with a new child, not that she returned to the home of her now grown-up child.

it is NOT true, because, wouldnt jessie have recognized her? wouldnt andys mom recognize her? why give away jessie and keep the hat? it just dosent make sense. wouldnt, if andys dad had kept woody, andys mom keep jessie if she was so beloved?

I was wondering if we had a topic discussing this yet or not. Anyway, here is the article: moviepilot.com/posts/2014/02/24/ … 2Cshare_fb

In contrast to the recent “The Pixar Theory”, I thought this one through and realized how sound the reasoning was. Whether it turns out to be simply well-constructed fanon or secret canon, I really like it!

I think there’s already a thread for this…

Absolutely fascinating. I really, really like the idea of this! But it got me thinking… in TS3, Jessie commented after they escaped from the trashbag “I should’ve seen this coming! It’s Emily all over again!”, so would that mean, if Andy’s Mom is Emily, that Jessie is unaware of her identity as well? If she was aware, that would truly be the worst… being dumped by the son of the one who dumped you first :cry: But still, it’s all very possible…

but what if the hotel manager in TSOT is his dad? he could have been a deadbeat dad, and got sued for child support, among other things.

mintinthebox: We do not really know the manager’s actual name at this time.

its just a thought. ya never know

The motel manager in Toy Story of Terror is Ronald Tompkins (his return address is on the package).

Oh, good! When’d you find that out, Dinoco?

So the hotel manager is NOT Andy’s dad. Sorry, mintinthebox, but many have said that Andy’s dad was either divorced or deceased.

That’s on the package that he sends Woody out in (the other Easter Egg is the fact that he’s sending it to Al).

well that explains their nice house. life insurance or child support.

(no foffense intended about child

I think we talked about this a few years ago; is the public JUST catching on to that theory. We talked about the possibility of all the films taking place in the same universe a few years before the theory was popular. What’s old news to us is new to them.