Toy Story 3 Poster Variations

Here’s something interesting, for the different areas Toy Story was released there were modifications made to the main US theatrical poster (far left). The first, which is in asian markets, actually switches the places of Buzz and Woody… though I actually like it, since Woody is the leader when it comes to planning the escape. The last is a European poster, which limits it down to just Buzz and Woody, running at about the same pace.

Toy Story 3 broke the pattern when it came to home releases. Before, the home video covers were essentially the same as the theatrical posters, albeit with modifications (see below):

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

I would have assumed they’d follow this pattern, and use one of the alternate designs (I would have loved to see the Woody one). Though I also loved the new home video cover as well. If I ever get around to making my own homemade Toy Story 3 VHS, I’d probably use the Woody cover. What’s your guys’ favorite poster?

Yeah, I’ve been looking for the high res version of the Woody one (middle) since it first popped up. It’s so much better than anything we got for our marketing. No luck though. If anyone finds it let us know.
I could create an English version fairly easily.

I actually tried a thorough search before making this thread; no luck. Hopefully, I’ll find the original poster someday.

I could be remembering this wrong, but I believe they show the poster on the blu ray. While it would only give us a 1080p version, it would be better than what we have. I’d screencap it myself but I don’t have a blu ray player on my laptop.

Edit: I can confirm it is indeed on the bluray.
A shot from my phone.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ … G_1330.jpg

Also, here’s a textless version of the Buzz one to add to the collection.

imagebam.com/image/630135215818624

Ok, I got someone over at the dvdizzy forums to screencap the poster for me, so this is probably as high res as we’ll be able to find it in.

imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img69/1263/68hi.png

Here’s a crop of the same image.

Awesome, Kyle. It doesn’t even have the additional text that the original pic had

Very cool. That was always one of my favorite TS3 posters, and I love the Woody-in-front variants! :slight_smile:

I always wondered why in Toy Story merchandise Buzz was always the one receiving the most variants of action figures and seen as the main character while Woody is the usual side-kick. I guess Buzz flashy space suit appeals to kids more looking back to the shortage of Buzz Lightyears back in '95.

True to the movie, Buzz is more marketable as “the world’s greatest toy.” Though both Woody and Buzz both quickly sold out before the movie was released; Woody was a real sleeper hit in toy stores.