Japanese Toy Story Collector

youtube.com/watch?feature=p … PReDdL81r8
This was tweeted by Lee Unkrich (the Toy Story segment starts at around 1:00). Even though I can’t understand Japanese worth jack, I didn’t need to to be blown away by this guy’s collection. He’s got all the essentials, as well as many rarities and oddities from the Toy Story series, check it out. My favorite part would have to be the giant Woody holding the pull-string Casper (like the one that John Lasseter has).

I found the blog the guy featured in the video runs: cactus10.jugem.jp/

He actually has some pretty interesting figures in his collection, namely all of the Young Epoch Woody’s Roundup toys.

Also, there is the toy shop in Okinawa, Japan that only sells Toy Story toys. The guy also has a blog: toystory.ti-da.net/

Here is an article on the toy shop: stripes.com/military-life/or … y-1.110552

Funny how the Roundup Gang is almost as coveted as the movie. Living in Japan may have made it easier, but that’s still quite an undertaking.

It is pretty ironic actually since they cost a fortune on eBay. I guess it’s harder for things to get out of Japan due to policies and shipping. The Young Epoch toys were most likely a limited release judging by their rarity.

What perplexes me are the Woody’s Roundup figures on the far right (the full color ones in the bland boxes). The only one I was able to find a good picture was for Prospector:2946849973_5d324a2bd5.jpg
Apparently, these are from “Disney Resort” and are labeled with the Toy Story logo on top of the box. I wonder if these figures were sold in other areas. The only member I tracked who actually has this is wampar but he ended up customizing the box.

Some interesting news, I found more pictures and information on the Disney Resort versions! fanfare
2006_07_16_07.jpg2006_07_16_08.jpg183.jpg
The figures were made for the Tokyo Disney resort. According to the blog I “borrowed” them from, they were still pretty expensive and were released in 2006; I doubt they are still sold (hopefully I’m wrong 8D).

What’s interesting about the figures is the amount of detail put into their color. The colors are more vibrant and are true to their movie counterparts. The full color versions still had some minor quirks with them: Jessie has red boots, Woody has a black hat, and the tip of Bullseye’s saddle is yellow.

crud, i wish i had them!