Army Men Listing

I had a previous topic where I tried to list all the Army Men in Andy’s Bucket O Soldiers:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6823&start=0

Since that’s archived, I figured I’d start anew and try to make another listing, maybe even down to the amount as well. I’ll start with the facts:
For amounts, Toy Story: The Essential Guide confirmed that Andy’s bucket contained 200 troops. This is plausible since the official versions have been about half the size of the in-movie bucket, and contain 72 troops (while being able to hold more. Still, 200 is a lot. In Toy Story, the most troops we see onscreen at once is 23 when the troops are mobilizing for the recon mission. Toy Story 2 has 63 during Andy’s playtime at the beginning. Meanwhile, Toy Story 3 has 19.[size=85]*[/size]

Next is all the types seen in the movies. First, we’ll address one inconsistency in the original Toy Story, Sergeant is seen to be the officer with binoculars and M1911 pistol (Sarge isn’t seen in toy mode in Toy Story 2). By Toy Story 3, however, Sarge’s default pose is now his classic saluting pose with no accessories. A similar error is how the paratroopers are carrying M16 rifles in Toy Story, but lack weapons in Toy Story 3 (the difference is that they aren’t seen in toy mode, though). Anyways, here’s the list. Since the paratroopers aren’t seen in toy mode in any of the movies, this list assumes the Toy Story Collection version (from the films’ digital data) use the correct poses. Additionally, soldiers are included in the Toy Story Collection Bucket O Soldiers that aren’t seen in the movies, but are still counted due to Pixar’s input. Also, I believe that the Rifleman Aiming Up is intended to be one of the Paratroopers; the Paratrooper appears in promotional images without any of the signifying paratrooper gear. Meanwhile, the Rifleman Aiming Up isn’t seen in any material prior to the Toy Story Collection.

Also of note: the types of soldiers that Andy has set up in front of the Evil Dr. Porkchop in Toy Story 2 changes from shot to shot. The amounts here reflect the largest amount seen onscreen. The pose for the kneeling rifleman changes slightly also. Also, due to the “home movie” effect during the intro of Toy Story 3, I wasn’t able to distinguish the type of any of them. The only new pose seen was the saluting Sarge seen in the picture Andy keeps.

Aiming Rifleman: ≤27
Bayonet Fighter: ≤18
Bazooka Man: ≤1
Kneeling Rifleman: ≤9
Medic: ≤1
Minesweeper: ≤1
Standing Rifleman: ≤4
Standing Riflesman (aiming up): ?
Mortar Man: ≤1
Paratrooper (1): 1
Paratrooper (2): 1
Prone Rifleman: ≤1
Sarge (saluting): ≤2
Sergeant ≤36
Waving Man: ≤9
Mystery Pose #1: ≤9
Mysery Pose #2: ≤9

All of the sudden, that brings us up to 129. More than halfway there; I have no doubt that all the poses are there, it’s just a matter of the amounts that are featured (I doubt he only has one of the bazooka man, the minesweeper, mortar man, and prone rifleman). Now, if we were to factor in the Toy Story Collection amounts as a minimum, that would bring us up to 169.

[size=85]*These numbers exclude the paratroopers[/size]

[size=200]References[/size]

[size=85](L-R: Minesweeper, Sergeant, Bazooka Man, Bayonet Fighter, Kneeling Rifleman, Prone Rifleman, Mortar Man)[/size]

[size=85](L-R: Standing Rifleman, Sarge, Paratrooper 1)[/size]

[size=85]Medic (left)[/size]

[size=85]Waving Man[/size]

[size=85]Standing Rifleman (L) and Rifleman Aiming Up (R)[/size]

[size=85]Aiming Rifleman[/size]

[size=85]Paratrooper 1 and 2[/size]

Finally, I would appreciate your help in identifying the aforementioned “unknown” poses. Here they are, pointed out from Toy Story 2:

Looks like another soldier carrying an M16, but the way he’s holding it doesn’t seem to match up with any of the previous poses.

The soldier isn’t even in view with this one; he’s the guy standing behind the rifleman. The reason I bring this up, though, is because of the magazine sticking out of it. Looks like another M16, but no one else holds it straight out like that.

Interesting. It might be just my eyes but I feel the soldier identified in both screen caps might be the same, just at different angles. The soldiers in the first image look flat which might make it harder to determine.

The second unknown pose seems to be the kneeling soldier, I can tell that it’s consistent with another shot, and it’s not the aiming soldier because his hand isn’t on the magazine. The first soldier I’m still not sure of. For now, I’m going to say it’s the aiming soldier. The angle is weird, and I think that’s what makes it look like he’s aiming down.

EDIT: For the updated listing, and everything in a table format, check here:
youareatoy.wordpress.com/article … n-listing/