Make Your Own TS1 Outtakes

According to the Bugs Life special features, the outtakes were an idea they had for the first Toy Story film, but didn’t have the time to do it. Hence, they saved the idea for their next film. I’d like to hear ideas for what outtakes for their first movie might have been like. I’ll start:

Woody and Buzz enter Pizza Planet
BUZZ: Sheriff, the airlock is closing!
The doors shut just as Woody (in the drink cup) is running through and he gets stuck between the doors.

Woody and Buzz take off their disguises
Woody’s drink cup gets stuck and he can’t get it off.
Everyone starts laughing.
WOODY: Guys, this isn’t funny!
as Woody is struggling on the floor
WOODY: Guys!

Woody tries to open the back door of the claw machine
The door doesn’t open.

(Yes, I know I’m using the Pizza Planet sequence a lot. It’s just so good for outtakes!)

Woody pulls at Buzz in the claw machine
The claw loses its grip on Buzz, sending him flying backwards into the aliens.

I’d have loved a series of short clips of Sid trying and failing to grab anything in the claw machine, sort of giving off the impression that the clean, easy grabs in the movie were the result of dozens of attempts.

Whoo! Why haven’t we thought of this before?

You know how hard it probably was for the “Don’t cross this line!” argument scene in Night at the Museum 2 to be shot without the actors constantly messing it up because something like that would cause them to crack up? I’ll bet the same would’ve happened in the many different scenes where Woody is trying to convince Buzz that he is just a toy. Yeah, sometimes the actors and actresses would be cracking up while doing them argument scenes. Just saying.

Okay, so what I’m saying is, if Toy Story had bloopers, Woody and Buzz would probably have messed up the gas station scene several times, because of the whole “cracking up” thing.

And to top it all off, at the end the claw stops working all together and won’t move.

Here’s another that I thought of:

“I Will Go Sailing No More” Scene
Buzz jumps off the railing, actually succeeds in flight, and goes straight out the window.
BUZZ: Woo-Hoo!
JOHN LASSETER: (laughing) That’s not supposed to happen. Get back here, Buzz!
“I Will Go Sailing No More” is still playing in the background
RANDY NEWMAN: Clearly, I will go sailing no more…
BUZZ (off screen): That’s what you think!

Wow, I’ve never heard of that before. Interesting idea, since Pixar already changed our perspectives on movies; breaking the 4th wall at the end would’ve been even trippier. I’ve got some ideas:

Buzz’s bounce on Andy’s ball sends him in the opposite direction.

Woody’s attempt to throw the Christmas lights falls pitifully short.

Welcome to the forums! Here are some ideas:

1. When Woody says, “He [Buzz] can’t fly!”, Buzz’s wings hit Woody and knocks him off the bed. Off screen, Woody says, “A little help guys?”

2. When Woody says, “Buzz, look an alien!”, swarms of the squeeze toy aliens appear in the room. The director shouts, “Grab an net! Don’t let them touch the equipment!”

3. During the scene when the army men are lowering the baby monitor, one of them loses his grip and the monitor falls and his squad shouts at him. To their surprise, nobody notices since the director and the others are attending Andy’s party.

4. After Mr. Potato Head gets hit by RC on the moving van, the director yells “cut” and everyone congratulates Potato Head for being a good actor. When everybody leaves, with the camera still facing him, he says that he wasn’t acting and weakly calls for an ambulance.

HA!HA! HA!

also,imgoing completely off topic, but who the crud is caaptain falcon?

I presume the laugh is for the outtakes?

Use these links to satisfy your curiosity:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Falcon[/url]
[url]http://www.ssbwiki.com/Captain_Falcon[/url]

oh. so thats who he is.

Getting back on track, here are some more outtakes I thought up:

Sid’s Backyard
Sid has the lit match, but Woody is late with his line and Sid accidentally lights the fuse. Sid then frantically tries to blow it out. Buzz jumps off the grill and runs around the backyard as the production crew try to find a fire extinguisher off screen.

The “They’re here! Birthday guests at 3 o’clock” Scene
When the microphone gets pulled away from Woody, he holds on too long and falls to the floor.

Sid’s Backyard
Buzz is still running around in circles. He tries rolling in the muddy trench, but the fuse is waterproof. (Since Pixar probably couldn’t do water splashes that well when they made the first movie, for this gag they could get around that by having the camera get knocked over by crew member, resulting the audience not being able to see the water in the trench and instead just hearing a sound effect.)

Woody and Buzz fighting at the gas station
Woody is punching Buzz in the face. When Buzz makes his helmet go down, Woody screams in pain.
WOODY: Ow! Ow, this really hurts.
BUZZ: It’s stuck!

Sid’s backyard
Buzz is still running in circles. He trips and falls, making his wings deploy. The rocket shoots off-screen. An explosion (accompanied by a flash of light) and a car alarm are heard.
BUZZ: Oops.
CREW MEMBER: What happened to my car?!

LOL, these outtakes just crack me up! 8D

Unfortunately, I have no ideas for further outtakes of my own at this time.

That just gave me an idea:

The Gas Station Scene
WOODY: You. Are. A… Real Boy!
Buzz gets the voice of Pinocchio
Woody and the crew burst into laughter.
Buzz keeps reciting lines from Pinnochio
BUZZ (normal voice): Okay, let’s do it again.
WOODY: Wait, wait, hold on! We have to sing “Wish Upon a Star” first.
Woody gets the voice of Jiminy Cricket and sings “Wish Upon a Star” as the camera zooms towards the starry sky
The crew keeps laughing.

Wait. Did you guys (the Toy Story fans) just run out of ideas? :confused: Or do you have any more outtakes coming this way? :laughing:

Maybe the fuse on the rocket actually gets lit, and it just goes shooting off buzzs back and he just falls over

Here’s some I made up. They’re not perfect, but I think they’re good. I tried to make it seem like the TS2 outtakes so I put Marker, and action! in every one of them like in the TS2 outtakes.

Woody tries to escape the claw
John Lasster: Marker, and action!
Woody opens the door and grabs Buzz. However, the claw lets go of Buzz and they both go flying out.
woody: Uh, aliens, a little help here?
Sid: Well this is a ripoff!

Sid scene
JL: Marker, and action!
Lenny: He’s lighting it, he’s lighting it! Hit the dirt!
Toys: NO!
Sid: He’s gone! He’s history! Hahaha!
JL: Cut!
Pixar crew: Um, John, someone left the lens cap on. That was our last Combat Carl. What do we do now?
JL: Ugh!

Well, I’m out of ideas for now. Any other ideas guys?