Exclusive Combat Carl

Not sure if anyone has posted this as I didn’t see any recent posts on it. I went into my local Toys R Us today and was surprised to find the “Toy Story of Terror Gift Pack” which includes a small plastic Buzz, Jesse, and Combat Carl Jr. replica. It also includes a DVD with Small Fry and a clip featuring Combat Carl (probably the PSA cartoon). The Combat Carl Jr. is exclusive according to the packaging. He is very accurate and looks good. His arms turn at the shoulders and his legs bend in the hips so he is not fully articulated. This will probably be the best Carl Jr. we’ll get though. It was $19.99 US.

I pulled him out and his head also turns as well as one of his hands rotates.

Looks like it’s on sale for $17.99 online.

toysrus.com/product/index.js … age=search

Yeah, this Combat Carl has been out for a while. I don’t really plan to buy him until they make an accurately sized one.

Hmm…he’s the same size as a standard G.I. Joe. How is he not accurately sized?

The one depicted in toy story of terror is massive, way larger than this,

There are two versions in the movie. Combat Carl (Original size which was supposed to be like the original G.I. Joes in the 70’s that are the size of Barbie dolls and have clothe outfits) and Combat Carl Jr. which was the same size as the miniature action figures of the 80’s and fully plastic.

From this image, Combat Carl displayed in the action figure set is around 11" to 12" (i.e. Buzz’s height). The Combat Carl displayed in the action figure set is nowhere near his height. The Combat Carl in the set doesn’t look close enough to Jr. in the short.