Pixar Planet

Toy Story 4 will hit theaters in 2017.

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story 4 will hit theaters in 2017.

Postby Kyle » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:29 pm

ConteRemo wrote: Does a romance necessarily mean it will be boring?

Of course not. I'd consider Wall-e a love story, people loved that one didn't they?

I don't really get some of the people I'm seeing who are instantly judging it based on that fact alone.
As for the does it have to be about a romance thing, well, yeah I'd say so. Unless I'm missing something.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Villainess » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:54 pm

ConteRemo wrote:Does a love story necessarily mean a romance? It could be about the bond between a toy and a child. Does a romance necessarily mean it will be boring? It could be done in an interesting way, especially if it has another plot going on. Will it necessarily be about Woody and the gang? It seems most likely, but it isn't confirmed yet. I mean, Monsters University had Mike as a main character rather than Sulley, after all.

I was just thinking about the possibility it'll focus on a side guy. Given it's from John "Let's give the main spot to Mater" Lasseter it seems likely.

My money's on Rex.

Though, you're kind of right, I think I've seen "love story" be used in a non-romance context before. I think.
Last edited by Villainess on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Villainess
Garbage Boy

Postby Pixarfan91 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:03 am

Cars 2, M.U., Finding Dory, Incredibles 2, Cars 3, and now this; what's with all the sequels? If it takes place right after 3 does that mean the shorts come after, or are they non-canon now? I trust John, but this is risky, and he should know that. This film could channge the francise, either in a bad way or good way. I made a reaction video, so I talked about everything there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfIujmNc64s
But what if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection. Im a OFFICIAL PIXARTEER Image Image
Pixarfan91
Super Hero

Postby ConteRemo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:25 am

What if the love story is between Rex and Trixie?

***Perhaps unpopular opinion below***

I still have a lingering wish that Lotso will return, however unlikely that is. If I'm not mistaken, Randall is the only Pixar villain that has had a decent sized role in more than one movie (I'm still hoping for a third Monsters movie, and I'm hoping he'll still be in that one too. As much as I like Mike and Sulley, it wouldn't be the same without Randall).
ConteRemo
Ant

Postby Kyle » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:28 am

Pixarfan91 wrote: If it takes place right after 3 does that mean the shorts come after, or are they non-canon now?

I wouldn't take him that literally on that. You would only need maybe a few months between 3 and 4 and still be able to squeeze in all the shorts. It'll probably be no different from the gap we had from toy story to toy story 2. Maybe a bit less, but enough, you know? I cant think of too many sequels that pick up just seconds or moments from the previous entry. You only really see that in TV shows.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby PixarDude » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:31 am

^Exactly. The timespan from 1 to two was a few months right?
"To Infinity and Beyond!"- Buzz Lightyear
"Never tell me the odds!"- Han Solo
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:43 am

PixarDude wrote:^Exactly. The timespan from 1 to two was a few months right?

I think it was more like 3 years. Andy was about 12 in the second, and I think 8 or 9 in the original.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby PixarDude » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:49 am

Oh. I remember having a Toy Story 2 magazine that said it was about 6 months.
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby Dinoco » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:54 am

Andy was 6 in the original. There was never an official word on Toy Story 2 to my knowledge (though I don't think I ever read the magazine PixarDude referred to). I always assumed it was about two years later. I remember another source had Andy as being 10 in both movies.

Between Wall-E and Up, we know that Pixar can tell a decent love story.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:04 am

Dinoco wrote:Andy was 6 in the original. There was never an official word on Toy Story 2 to my knowledge (though I don't think I ever read the magazine PixarDude referred to). I always assumed it was about two years later. I remember another source had Andy as being 10 in both movies.

The art of book for TS3 has design sketches for different stages, the one for TS2 has the caption (age 12?), so that's what I go by for that. They don't list an age for the original movie's Andy on that particular page. But yeah, the truth is they never really locked that down. But the biggest tell we have on screen is if you look at how Molly grew from the first to the second movie.

I dont buy that he was 6 in the first one. On the page I'm talking about they have the first stage listed as age 6, but next one has him looking older (no age listed) and is a draw over from a frame in the movie. Which tells me he was definitely older 6.

Edit: my description might hard to understand, so I'll just post the page I'm talking about.
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011 ... ionart.jpg
Last edited by Kyle on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby PixarDude » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:11 am

Well, if Andy was 17, almost 18, in TS3, then he must've been about 4 in Toy Story, but since it's his birthday, he must be turning 5
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby chuckles_the_clown » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:19 am

i have to say im quite shocked abt ts4, i dont mind having a 4th one if its good. i love ts3 and cars 2 (most of u do not like cars 2?), n i absolutely hate monsters university... so kinda mixed feeling i guess...
chuckles_the_clown
Shark Bait

Postby Dinoco » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:53 am

Kyle wrote:
Dinoco wrote:Andy was 6 in the original. There was never an official word on Toy Story 2 to my knowledge (though I don't think I ever read the magazine PixarDude referred to). I always assumed it was about two years later. I remember another source had Andy as being 10 in both movies.

The art of book for TS3 has design sketches for different stages, the one for TS2 has the caption (age 12?), so that's what I go by for that. They don't list an age for the original movie's Andy on that particular page. But yeah, the truth is they never really locked that down. But the biggest tell we have on screen is if you look at how Molly grew from the first to the second movie.

I dont buy that he was 6 in the first one. On the page I'm talking about they have the first stage listed as age 6, but next one has him looking older (no age listed) and is a draw over from a frame in the movie. Which tells me he was definitely older 6.

Edit: my description might hard to understand, so I'll just post the page I'm talking about.
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011 ... ionart.jpg

Ah, thanks for the image.

I got the age of six from the script:
http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Toy-Story.html
It just comes right out and says it. I know the sketch says otherwise, but they're ball parking it there. Besides, that was made much after the fact. I guess Pixar was still perfecting their human interpretations at that point, and Andy didn't quite look the part.

Kinda weird to think that Toy Story 2 could take place six whole years after the original Toy Story. If we go by the real life timeline, Andy's 10 by Toy Story 2, which splits the difference between the two extremes. Though one thing's clear; Pixar really didn't think too much about Andy's age until Toy Story 3.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Witch_of_Night » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:06 am

Honestly, I was surprised when I heard that Pixar is going to make TS4; after all, the third movie was a beautiful end to a great trilogy. But I am not going to make any judgements until we know (a lot) more and when it's released. For all we know, it could be a movie as good as TS3, more maybe even better, or it could be the biggest disappointment ever or something in-between.
Witch_of_Night
Toy Collector

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:50 am

And the speculation begins....

I really hope this time around, they do away with the toys escaping from "x" since it has been overdone for quite a while. The toys are capable of performing great feats without the need to escape.

I'm fairly certain that we might see some of the major characters from the Toy Story spin-offs like Combat Carl (or at least some variant of him). I cannot wait for the new designs for the toys!

Will Andy return or at least make an appearance? I highly doubt Pixar fully intends to write him out from the series unless they want to show that the toys have learned to move on and grow to love Bonnie.

I'm slightley bummed that a prequel isn't going to be done around Woody and Andy's dad, it would've answered so many questions regarding both of them (but what's a Toy Story without BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!? 8D).
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story