15 Years Ago, Toy Story 2 was released....

I wanted to make this topic to celebrate the 15th anniversary of TS2 and discuss our memories.

I unfortunately wasn’t born when the film was released in theaters, but my brother went to go see it opening day in theaters. He said he really loved it and we later got it on VHS. I remember going to TS2 On Ice with my brother and I loved it. I still have the Wheezy plush I got there and the Lenny my brother got.

I think TS2 is my favorite Pixar film. It’s better than the first IMO and it’s cool to think that the film was reworked in just 9 months. I love everything from the fake-out opening to Woody’s Roundup to Al’s Toy Barn to the aiport scenes.

So, what are your TS2 memories?

Got to see that when it came out; promotion was insane, but obviously this was one of those films that lived up to the hype. I was a youngster, pretty sure I went there in cowboy boots and a Buzz Lightyear drink holder; I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen. After that came the grueling wait for the home video release, which soon saw continuous play on my VHS.

This is actually the first film I followed until the release, I remember finding a magazine article after I heard about the announcement. Seeing Jessie, The Prospector, and Zurg all made me more excited to see them onscreen. I eventually got a Thinkway Jessie doll, but Zurg and Prospector were harder… mainly because they didn’t exist. I eventually just got a stuffed Prospector that was small, but good enough. Zurg was tougher, I think the closest I saw was the Zurg Room Guard in a store once. Years later, I found a Zurg at Disney that was probably like 8 or 9 inches tall.

A bit after the home video cycle, I actually got to keep the Toy Story 2 promotional display from the Wegman’s video display when they were going to throw it out. I only have the Buzz section left. :frowning:

Oh yeah. I remember getting a talking Zurg when I was like 2 and being scared to death of him 8D 8D

love ts2!!

I remembered being absolutely excited for TS2.I was a young boy, loved Pixar and their magic in making animated movies, andi was blown away with the first one.