Top 10 Favorite Toy Story characters

Over the many years I’ve been a Pixar fan, I’ve been asking myself the same questions: “Who is my favorite Toy Story character?” or “Who do I like better: Woody or Buzz?”. Some of you probably have asked yourself that too at one point or another. To be honest, it’s really hard to pick a favorite, so that’s why I chose to pick 10. Any character from 3 films is fair game. You can post your top 10 favorites too, if you’d like, but just keep in mind, this is MY top ten list. I’ve decided to do 2 each post. With that being said, let’s get right to my #10 and #9 favorites!

#10: Sarge and the Green Army Men
So, #10 used to be Lotso but now I’ve decided to change it to the Army Men. Even though technically they’re more than one character, you never think of just one. I just love these guys. We all had these growing up. I love how Pixar got everything right about them, like how there’s extra plastic around the edges and on their helmets. Then there’s that classic “Go on without me!” scene where Sarge says “A good soldier never leaves a man behind!”. Fun fact: When trying to animate the soldiers, the Pixar team nailed some sneakers to a board and tried to walk with that on! Anyways, these guys are my #10 choice!

#9: RC (also known as RC Car)
For my number 9 choice, I’m going with a classic TS character, RC. Green and Blue are probably my favorite colors, which is one of the reasons I like him a lot. I love the splash design on him and I have him to thank for helping Woody and Buzz get back to Andy.

Well there you have it folks! 2 of my my favorite TS characters! Make sure to post some of your personal favorites!

Alright! It’s now time to move onto my #8 and #7 picks for my favorite TS characters! As I said, any characters that appear in the 3 films are fair game. However, none of the ones I choose will be from the third. Not that I don’t like any characters from 3, in fact, I love a lot of them. If I had a Top 15 list, Lotso, Ken and maybe Big Baby would make it in for sure. Anyways, let’s get on with #8 and #7!

#8: Lenny and the Aliens
Now, I know I included two characters in one here, but nowhere in my rules does it say that I can’t put more than 1 in here. This is probably going to be the only one to include two. Anyways, I love both of these characters just the same. They both have cute character designs and I like them a lot. I love Lenny’s color scheme and that fact that he walks so slow. I love the Aliens’ color scheme as well and how they constantly utter “The claw!” and “You have saved our lives! We are eternally grateful!”. We also have them to thank for saving our heroes or because if not, we would have cried enough to flood our room! 8D 8D

#7: Hamm a.k.a Evil Dr. Porkchop
Hamm is one of the funniest TS characters, IMO. He was the first Pixar character to be voiced by John Ratzenberger and is possibly my favorite. I just love that he’s a know-it-all because he’s on the top shelf and can see everything from up there. Some of his lines are great too, like “I get the Corvette!” when Barbie is thrown in the Sunnyside box and “Too late. I’m in the 40’s. Gotta go round the horn. It’s faster!” when trying to look for the Al’s Toy Barn commercial.

So, those are my #8 and #7 picks! Tell me what you thought and see ya next time!

Welcome back! I’m doing more of my top 10 favorite TS characters and today, I’m gonna jump straight in and talk about my #6 and #5 favorite Toy Story characters!

#6: Jessie and Bullseye
Again, this is another one where I’m doing two. However, I like both these characters just the same. Bullseye is pretty cute and is Woody’s trusty steed. Some of the reasons I like Jessie is because she is a strong female character, how well she gets her emotions through and her and Buzz’s relationship. I really like her character design as well. Then there’s the “When She Loved Me” scene. There’s actually a rumor that the “When She Loved Me” scene made Tom Hanks and Tim Allen tear up like a baby. That scene is sad, even for kids. So, because of those reasons and more, Jessie and Bullseye are my #6 favorites.

#5: Slinky Dog:
Slinky Dog has always been a favorite of mine. He’s actually my mom’s favorite and I love him. Jim Varney did a great job (R.I.P) as Slinky and I think he was perfectly cast as Slink. Blake Clark did a great job as his replacement. I love how loyal Slink is to Woody and how much of a good friend he is to everyone. There’s not much to say about him but I love him.

Hello again! Today I’m going to be talking about my #4 and #3 favorite TS characters! Let’s dive right in!

#4: Mr. Potato Head
Of course, lots of you saw this coming. Mr. Potato Head is definitely one of my favorites. Don Rickles was a perfect fit for this character and I couldn’t see anyone else doing this role. I mean, wouldn’t you have a grumpy attitude if you got you face changed every day? Anyways, some of Potato Head’s quotes are great like “You uncultured swine! What are you looking at, ya hockey puck?” and “Pizza, anyone?”. I like how his personality completely changes when he’s around his wife. Anyways, Mr. Potato Head is one of my absolute favorites.

#3: Rex
Moving in to the top 3 now! Of course we have Rex! I can really relate to Rex because I love video games and I get nervous about everything. I love his character design and how his cheap construction limits him. He also has some great lines like “How do you spell FBI?” and “ROAR! Did I scare you? Tell me honestly!”. Overall, I just love his character.

Alright, I’m guessing you all know who’s next. If you don’t, there’s something wrong with you. Tell me your favorite TS characters!

Alright, so here’s the last one. My top 2 favorite TS characters! Let’s dive right in!

#2: Buzz Lightyear
It was super difficult to choose between the two. Personally, Woody and Buzz are equal but I like Woody a tiny bit more. Nonetheless, Buzz is a great character. I love everything about him. His awesome design, “To infinity and beyond!”, his features, his personality(actually his many personalities like Mrs. Nesbit and Spanish Buzz), everything. This guy was one of my idols as a kid and my two dreams as a kid were to work at Pixar and get the real Buzz Lightyear that came with his spaceship box. One of those dreams came true. I’ll never forget that moment when I got the Toy Story Collection Buzz Lightyear in Christmas '09. I was 9 at the time and to this day, it is one of my favorite toys of all time. I’ve rambled on long enough about this guy. Buzz is my #2 favorite TS character and one of my favorite characters in general.

#1: Woody Pride
Woody. What can I say about him. Though he may not have as many cool features as Buzz, he is my favorite character. Space always fascinated me, but something about the west is so awesome. You’ve got people in awesome clothes, shootouts, and lots of action. I love Woody’s personality, design, catchphrases such as “There’s a snake in my boot!” and “Reach for the sky!”. Like Buzz, I did get the Toy Story Collection Woody for Christmas '09. I was just as excited about him as I was for Buzz. There’s just something about Woody that Buzz doesn’t have. Fun fact: Woody’s last name, Pride, was revealed on Lee Unkrich’s Twitter. Anyways, my description doesn’t do him justice(no pun intended). Woody is my favorite character and perhaps my favorite character ever.

Thanks for reading my list! If you have your own favorite character list, post it on this thread! Anyways, seeya guys later!

Woody just deserves to be the no. 1 movie character of all time. He’s better than Han Solo.