Concept art for Disney's version of Toy Story 3

I don’t think these have been posted before but I could be wrong.

comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ … /?a=112853

These are all very interesting. I wonder what the knockoff Buzzes would’ve been like. I’m curious about those images with the toys in the shopping cart. It looks like in the second and third ones the toys are doing surgery on Buzz. As much as I love the TS3 we have now, I am very interested in this one too.

Very interesting. As much as we initially thought Disney was going to ruin it by rushing it out, these pictures show that they at least had an appreciation and understanding of the series. The plot’s pretty much reminiscent of Toy Story 2, but flipped to have Woody rescue Buzz. The stakes are much higher, as they actually end up going to Taiwan.

I’d like to see a variation of the story, but that seems only plausible if a story takes place in the past when Andy was still the toys’ owner. Also, the tin toy band might be a reference to A Tin Toy Christmas.

Wow, never seen those before. Some of those pictures look like they planned on following Rex’s suggestion to find some balloons and float to the top. 8D

I wish one day they’re just release everything they had made for this movie, like any storyboards or scripts and stuff. It (along with the Monsters, Inc. sequel) looked genuinely interesting and I think a lot of people would like to see how it would have gone.

TBH, I think this could possibly work as a TV Special (we already have a fourth movie in the works. We DON’T NEED another one).

Instead of Andy, why not have Bonnie? We know that Buzz Lightyear is still a popular toy, as shown by Bonnie’s Buzz bookbag in TSTTF and in Small Fry. There would maybe have to be some changes, but personally, I’ve always loved the concept of the Circle 7 version.

It’d be kind of hard to pull off as an actual genuine story now. Back when this was going to be made they could reasonably fudge things so Andy canonically only had Buzz a few months or maybe a year, but now that the third movie’s come out Andy canonically had them for like twelve years and Bonnie at least a few months. What defect could Buzz possibly have that could go unnoticed for that long and yet still be such a danger to kids they had to recall them?

Well, maybe not a defect with him, but something else that happens with only Andy’s, well, Bonnie’s Buzz. Maybe his electronics stop working and they send him back for repairs or something.

Here’s how my version would go: Bonnie plays with Buzz and notices some of his features don’t work. Her dad tries everything, but there’s no way to fix it. Bonnie’s mom emails the company for repairs and it turns out they can “repair” him, so she sends him out back to the factory. However, Trixie looks at some websites about sending toys out for repair and finds out that instead of sending back old ones, since toy companies have a TON of the same model, they send out brand new toys. Woody and the gang then set off to save Buzz before it’s too late. Meanwhile, Buzz meets up with other abandoned toys that were loved by kids but replaced.

I know, I know, this seems more or less like fanfiction, but it was a little something I could come up with. I think this idea and the MI2 idea had some potential, but unfortunately were scrapped.

Hey, I’ve seen some of toy designs before. But great find! The original plan for the third film now seems more interesting with the concept art. Looking back on the project now, the creators tried to put effort into the film despite it’s similarities to Toy Story 2. At least the film would have explored Buzz’s character even further and might have focused on Woody and Buzz’s friendship.

I will admit that I do not really like the designs for the new toys…but that’s just me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I found some other (old) concept art for the film. I assume Mr. Potato Head uses the truck as a means to get the toys into the factory where Buzz is held?

^Actually, that image with Potato Head in the truck is supposed to be like Andy’s playtime. I’m not sure what the image with him and Hamm is about but maybe it was like Andy’s playtime as well.

That’s true. The concept might be a potential opening for the 3rd film.

DaaaAaAaang this is some kinda concept art! I’m actually surprisingly impressed by these. I wasn’t really into the original concept art from the C7 version that I saw, but this is really nice. Ahhh poor Buzz! What happened to youuu?? :open_mouth: OK if they decide to go and make a fifth and sixth to even it out to two trilogies… I wouldn’t mind if some of these concepts ended up in one of them. Or a special, that works too. And hey anyone else wondering if that design ended up becoming Transitron?