Toy Story Legacy Collection CD

For those who don’t know already, yesterday a brand new 2-disc Toy Story cd was released called Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection: Toy Story to coincide with the 20th Anniversary of Toy Story. This CD has nearly every piece of music from the first film. Disc 1 has all the music from the original CD along with new tracks such as Pizza Planet Rocks! (the Pizza Planet truck music) and the music from the Buzz Lightyear commercial. Disc 2 includes song demos for songs that didn’t make it into the film, such as Plastic Spaceman and The Fool, the instrumental versions of You’ve Got A Friend In Me, Strange Things, and I Will Go Sailing No More, and finally a track which is Randy Newman and John Lasseter Thanking the Orchestra.

I noticed that one piece of music is missing (which is the music that plays when Buzz explains where he came from when Hamm asks “So uh, where you from? Singapore? Hong Kong?”) and the end credits track is wrong on the CD.

If you buy the physical copy of this CD, you will get some original artwork Lorelay Bove on the cover, back, and in the notes. The is also some concept art from the original film and the colorscript pastels by Ralph Eggelston. There are some notes by Randy Newman and John Lasseter as well.

I would highly recommend this Cd to all of you. It is on Spotify and Apple Music if you want to listen to it there.

I forgot that it came out recently. I’ll pick it up when I go on a Toy Story shopping spree this week. 8D

The whole thing is also on Spotify, I’m listening to it right now. It’s cool that they remastered some of the stuff, but I think they just made it louder lol.