Pixar Planet

1995 Thinkway Buzz Lightyear Wingpack Repair

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

1995 Thinkway Buzz Lightyear Wingpack Repair

Postby YouveGotAFriendInMe » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:50 am

Hi there,

i'm new to this forum so "Hi" from germany! my real name is simon, 26yrs old and addicted to toy story since 1996 ;-)

Last year i found two Buzz Lightyear action figures back from release of the first movie on yardsales. Funny that both are english versions ;) the left one of the image is the disney store version, that had to be re-soldered and wingpack needed some rework but it's working great again.

the right Buzz is the Thinkway Version. As you can see on the following picture he got a broken piece in the wingpack.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix that? i think gluing is no option as it works under pressure...
Hope to get that one working again.

Best regards,
Simon
YouveGotAFriendInMe

Re: 1995 Thinkway Buzz Lightyear Wingpack Repair

Postby Dinoco » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:37 am

Great question. The best solution I have is that someone 3D prints replacement parts:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/JTT73 ... nkway-1995
White plastic is closest to the original, though it's available in stainless steel as well, which I assume would last a while.

Anyways, I've had the problem a few times as well, it's certainly common. I've had it happen with figure that wasn't even played with, it just happened with age. It's a shame there's no official replacement from Thinkway after millions upon millions of these guys were sold.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Return to Toy Story