1995 Thinkway Buzz Lightyear Wingpack Repair

Hi there,

i’m new to this forum so “Hi” from germany! my real name is simon, 26yrs old and addicted to toy story since 1996 :wink:

Last year i found two Buzz Lightyear action figures back from release of the first movie on yardsales. Funny that both are english versions :wink: the left one of the image is the disney store version, that had to be re-soldered and wingpack needed some rework but it’s working great again.

the right Buzz is the Thinkway Version. As you can see on the following picture he got a broken piece in the wingpack.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix that? i think gluing is no option as it works under pressure…
Hope to get that one working again.

Best regards,
Simon

Great question. The best solution I have is that someone 3D prints replacement parts:
shapeways.com/product/JTT73 … nkway-1995
White plastic is closest to the original, though it’s available in stainless steel as well, which I assume would last a while.

Anyways, I’ve had the problem a few times as well, it’s certainly common. I’ve had it happen with figure that wasn’t even played with, it just happened with age. It’s a shame there’s no official replacement from Thinkway after millions upon millions of these guys were sold.