Toy Story #1 in 25 Greatest Animated movies

Sorry if this has been spoken about before. I just saw this on Moviefone at AOL. Toy Story topped the list! That was a surprise. Not to put it down, but I didnt think people held it in such high regard. There are other Pixar movies on the list too, Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille. Here’s the link:[url]http://movies.aol.com/movie-photo/best-animated-movies[/url]

Wow. Congratulations to the film and the entire Pixar team! It’s undoubtable that it certainly deserves the top spot. :smiley:

And yes!! The Lion King gained second place!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the information and link, lennonluvr9. :wink:

– Mitch

I am glad that TI was in the top 5. I think Lion King and TS should be switched but that is just me.

All right! Thanks for the link LL9! :smiley:

Lady and the Tramp beat the Simpsons! HAHAHAHAHA!!! :smiley:

Shows you how good Disney was. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve always held Toy Story in the highest regard, and it’s still my most favourite Pixar film to date, but I’m never too surprised when it’s not always thought of as the very best of Pixar’s works by the general public. So, this is quite a shock, in a way! Makes a change, to say the least.

Thanks for telling us about it, lennonluvr9. :smiley:

Toy Story 2 always has been and always will be my favorite PIXAR movie, so congrats 2 its predecessor on being #1 (which it always was).

Yeah I dont know on what basis they ranked these, because I didnt read any of it. I was in a a hurry and just wanted to see what was on the list. :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably a guy or two who sat down in front of a DVD player. XD

Toy Story being number 1 is a good choice, but I can’t believe Cars didn’t make the cut! Going into another one of my angry fits.

Yay!! Toy Story, The Lion King, The Incredibles, and Beauty and the Beast?? Best. List. Ever. I love how the vast majority was Disney, Disney/Pixar, or studio Ghibli. My only compliaint is: Get Shrek out of the top 5.

As much as I loved seeing Toy Story, Spirited Away, Princess Monoke, and Ratatouille, I am very disappointed about the exclusion of WALL·E. I mean The Simpsons Movie was hilarious in it’s own right, but a Best Animated movie instead of WALL·E? I don’t agree. :confused:

I guess they would feel guilty making so many Pixar films on the list, haha. But I love that Iron Giant made it, and Spirited Away was pretty pro too. And I love TS is #1, it’s truly timeless!

Awesome, just awesome. The Lion King was a good movie, but some people held it in much higher esteem, and I’m not sure why. I’m so glad Toy Story made the cut, it’s both timeless, and can bring a smile to anyone’s face, regardless of age. Toy Story 2 was equally good, and that making the list alone makes me satisfied.

As always, I have a few issues with these lists.

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Cinderella are, in my opinion, Disney’s two most overrated films, and are quite possibly the most overrated movies ever. Both feature protagonists who are completely, utterly, irredeemably useless, and romantic interests that are about as interesting as a black canvas passing itself off as modern art. I can understand why Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is on the list, as it is a very important film (that does not make it a good film, or even a decent film, but I can understand someone feeling the necessity to put it in there), but Cinderella is just nothing.

2. No Don Bluth films. Seriously, was the person who wrote this list in some sort of coma in the 80s (well, before the release of The Little Mermaid)? The Secret of Nimh at least normally gets into these lists, even if my personal favourite, The Land Before Time, gets omitted.

Apart from these issues, it is a good list, with a surprising amount of range. A little bit dated with the lack of WALL-E, but these lists inevitably wind up out of date eventually.

Thanks for that list! The Lion King, Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, both Toy Stories, Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast…yeah, I think it’s a pretty good list :slight_smile: Awesome that Pixar has 5 of the top 25 of the best animated movies of ALL TIME on there. They really are the bestest, huh? :slight_smile:

I was ready to gripe about “Where’s Up?” when I saw that the date on this was June 2, 2008 (which also explains the absence of Wall-E).

I think Toy Story is a deserving #1, and I’m pleased to see Nightmare Before Christmas and Wallace & Gromit in the mix.

Why the hell is The Simpson’s Movie in there?

Anyway, it’s not a bad list, but there’s certain issues I have with it; Pinocchio should be waaaay higher, Shrek should be more in the middle, lacks a Bluth etc.

Toy Story does deserve #1.
It was the first ever computer anamated film of all time. It’s a good plot, good voices, nice ending and everything. It’s a instent classic :smiley:.

UOH Finding Nemo and Toy Story, I am sorry that Monters inc not in the list. :frowning: