Toy Story 1 V.S. Toy Story 2

Which Toy Story Movie Was/Is Better

• 1-Toy Story 1 was just fabulous using Tom Hanks and Tim Allen
  • 2-Toy Story 2 The Addition of Jessy and Bulls eye were great and the characters stayed the same.
  • 3-Toy Story 3 It will beat them all.

0 voters

I’ve always thought that Toy Story 2 was the best sequel i have ever seen but was it really even close to Toy Story???

I say Toy Story 2. THat was my favorite Toy Story movie.

~removed by Falling With Style~

What FallingWithStyle said. Toy Story tops everything ever. Toy Story 2 was very, very good, especially as it is a sequel, but ultimately it doesn’t beat Toy Story.

my take on Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 is this;

Toy Story one was a nwe breakthrough for the world.
Tom Hanks and Tim Allen in one movie made it instantly a classic and the story was fantastic dedicating it to our top 5 list.

Toy Story 2 was over-talked and discussed to much to allow it to have the same feeling as Toy Story thus it didn’t fare as well becuase the critics knew it had to be on a high standard.

Toy Story gets a 4.5 out of 5 from me.
Toy Story 2 gets a 4 of 5 from me.
Toy Story 3 already has 2 even before it comes out just because no other company has been able to beat the Allen & Hanks combo like pixar did it.

When I first saw Toy Story 2 I actually thought it was better than Toy Story. Granted, I didnt own Toy Story at the time so all I had to go on was what I could remember the time I saw it 4 years earlier. But once I got the Toy Story DVD and watched it again, I realized what a great movie it was and that I liked it better than Toy Story 2. But I still like Toy Story 2 quite a bit, especially now, knowing what a rush job they did to finish it.

I’d have to honestly say that Toy Story 2 is, not necessarily my favorite, but is, I think, the better film of the series. I’m not saying that Toy Story doesn’t deserve it’s moment in the sun, but the sequel is better given the quality of the story in my opinion.

That being said, it’s kind of difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to judge how good Toy Story 3 will be since we’re still a good two years away from the release of the film. I believe, though, that it will be an excellent film, and will end the series on a high note.

Toy Story 2 to me is the best of the two.

I was impressed when I first saw Toy Story, but it didn’t quite stick with me as much as the sequel.

While some got a kick out of Sid having his mutant toys and Buzz thinking he really was the real Buzz, it never really worked with me.

Though when the ‘deluded buzz’ entered the picture with TS2, that made the situation funny for me. Though to me, the real Buzz really shone as a character in the sequel. It was interesting to see him having to give Woody the talking to and be the voice of reason.

Though Jessie as a character to me really made the sequel-this window into the life of a toy that had some more experience into what happens beyond the childhood of many young ones, and the tying of that into the idea of what happens when children grow up and have to leave home. The link and connection of that really gets to me.

The first toy story was the best i liked the seccond but it wasnt the best.

The 1st Toy Story was rad, I liked that one better than the 2nd one.

I have mixed feelings…I thought both were great, but Toy Story holds a special place in my heart, just because it’s the first PIXAR film I saw in theaters, and the first CGI film too…I was 6 when I went to see it on opening day.

Though, Toy Story 2 is a pretty good sequel…and we ALL know it’s hard to pull off goog sequels nowadays.

When I first saw Toy Story, I thought it was pretty good but I wasn’t a big fan of it. But, when I saw Toy Story 2 (The first movie I ever saw at the cinema) I fell in love with everything Toy Story and I fell in love with animation, and I fell in love with Pixar. Since then I have seen every single Pixar film at the cinema. Toy Story 2 is the best film of all time to me. I just wish that the third one will come out sooner. :sunglasses:

I love both of them and think they are brilliant but I actually think the first one was better as it had all the original characters in it and I just thought it was better.

DAVID

i’d have to agree with you david on that point.
When i watched it as a kid (10) i never really got the idea of how big TS was. Now that i’m older it looks even better.
TS2 was great because it was a second adventure of the movie i “liked”. That is why i’m so energetic and excited about TS3. Can’t wait…

Yeah, I loved it as a little kid too. I actually liked Toy Story 2 better than the original like many people. Toy Story 3 i’m sure will be just as good mainly with all the experince Pixar now has.

exactely

This is a mighty tough question because the tone, character development and laughs are just so seamless from TS1 to TS2. They are both brilliant. I give TS2 the slight edge though because of (1) the incredibly clever plotline to have Woody be a valuable collectible and the thematic elements it opens up about toys that are collected for their value vs. toys that are played with and loved; and (2) Jessie, whose story gives the whole movie such an emotional punch that it still makes me cry every time. Plus, it just cracks me up! “No, Buzz, I AM your father…”; “May I remind you that some of us are carrying over six dollars in change?..” And of course my favorite line – “Soon you’ll be sitting around a campfire eating delicious hot schmoes!”

they’re called smores Buzz :wink:

Those are good reasons. I agree with you with the second one. I think that was the first thing in Pixar that made me all emotional inside.

And I love that quote as well.

Toy Story 1. I didn’t really like Bullseye, Jesse, or Pete. They are alright, but, Toy Story 1 was better.