Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Postby Johnathon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Thank you for that, I feel pretty stupid for not realizing that
Johnathon
Ant

Postby aperez2014 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:29 pm

I need some guidance guys and gals. I am currently on the search for the perfect Rex for my collection. I cant decide whether to spend the EXTRA (and I mean EXTRA) money on a TSC Rex or whether buying the simple non-talking Rex from Thinkway or getting the Disney Store one. If anyone has pics comparing the three of them or one they own compared to a TSC Buzz or Woody I would really really appreciate it.
aperez2014

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:08 am

aperez2014 wrote:I need some guidance guys and gals. I am currently on the search for the perfect Rex for my collection. I cant decide whether to spend the EXTRA (and I mean EXTRA) money on a TSC Rex or whether buying the simple non-talking Rex from Thinkway or getting the Disney Store one. If anyone has pics comparing the three of them or one they own compared to a TSC Buzz or Woody I would really really appreciate it.

TSC Rex is rare and usually expensive nowadays. Don't do what I did and buy the $30 one at ToysRus, the TSC is far bigger and more accurate:
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby aperez2014 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks SpaceSheriff, I am soooooo glad I didn't get the $30 one. That is a huge difference. Thanks for the pic comparisons. I am hoping retailers will order some Toy Story Collection figures for their shelves in honor of the 20th anniversary but if they don't I guess I better start saving and hopefully find a Toy Story Collection Rex
aperez2014

Postby Johnathon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Hey guys, this thread needs a bit of a revival plus I have a couple of questions...

Firstly, has anyone noticed that the Signature Collection Woody is a bit shorter than the other Woody's previously? I think it's because of the legs, I'll try to upload a picture later so you can see.

Secondly, I'm thinking about picking up a Rex and I'm torn between two choices, whether to get the Disney store one, or the Collection one, if you guys have any of them can you tell me the pros and cons so I can decide. Thank you.
Johnathon
Ant

Postby aperez2014 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:24 am

hey Johnathon
I had recently asked about Rex too and i think SpaceSheriff's answer is thebest. Although hard to find a TSC Rex will be the most accurate. For me Rex's height is important. The TSC is 18 inches tall and the toys r us and disney store one is 12 inches tall. i suggest you read this article by Dan the Pixar Fan: http://www.danthepixarfan.com/2015/05/t ... eluxe.html

here he describes the difference between the Disney Parks Rex which is the same one from the Disney Store. I like how he talks about how the Disney Store Rex looks like Rex because of the color scheme used and how he looks like he is made of cheap plastic they way he looks in the movie. But he is still 12 inches tall. In the end the Rex you feel fits in the best with your collection is the one you should get.

if your in the US ill send you a PM if i see any listings for a TSC REX:

Hope this helps!!
aperez2014

Postby Johnathon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:17 pm

That actually helps alot, thanks a ton.
Johnathon
Ant

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:46 pm

It's no surprise that this, once popular thread, is dying. As of late, Thinkway seems to be downsizing or at least focusing on other regions with the same remote controlled vehicles. From all their Toy Story lines, they seem to think that Buzz and Woody figures are all they need to bring in sales. Unless Disney has something planned for Toy Story 4 with Thinkway Toys, I don't see Thinkway gaining the license to make anymore Toy Story toys. If anything, I really wish they would restock all 3 waves of the Toy Story Signature Collection. Many of us still have a few holes in our collection as a result of the limited availability. I would rather have the manufacturers at Disney Store or some other toy manufacturer to make other toys.

Anyway, what Toy Story Collection figures are you guys still missing. I only need Utility Belt Buzz, Dolly, and Buttercup.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby Johnathon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:47 pm

I'm missing a lot (seeing as I just started), right now I only have Woody and Buzz so I have a long way to go. *Sigh*
Johnathon
Ant

Postby createtime » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:20 pm

TheSpaceSheriff wrote:It's no surprise that this, once popular thread, is dying. As of late, Thinkway seems to be downsizing or at least focusing on other regions with the same remote controlled vehicles. From all their Toy Story lines, they seem to think that Buzz and Woody figures are all they need to bring in sales. Unless Disney has something planned for Toy Story 4 with Thinkway Toys, I don't see Thinkway gaining the license to make anymore Toy Story toys. If anything, I really wish they would restock all 3 waves of the Toy Story Signature Collection. Many of us still have a few holes in our collection as a result of the limited availability. I would rather have the manufacturers at Disney Store or some other toy manufacturer to make other toys.

Anyway, what Toy Story Collection figures are you guys still missing. I only need Utility Belt Buzz, Dolly, and Buttercup.

What makes you think their will be a Toy Story 4? Have you seen a trailer or something?
createtime
Ant

Postby PixarDude » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:24 pm

Thankfully, I have most of the collection. The only ones I need are Rex, a better looking Utility Belt Buzz, Dolly and Buttercup. I did actually get 2 loose UB Buzz's from craigslist (they were in Kentucky and I live in Ohio) and in the image they looked fine and looked like they were in good condition but when they finally came they were not all that good. One of them had a different Buzz's wing cover, they were kinda sticky, some of the stickers were missing, and one of them had the bottom right side of the chestplate damaged. :evil: Worst part was that I paid $40 for both of them. I don't think they did refunds either. \_(ツ)_/¯
"To Infinity and Beyond!"- Buzz Lightyear
"Never tell me the odds!"- Han Solo
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby PixarDude » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:25 pm

createtime wrote:

What makes you think their will be a Toy Story 4? Have you seen a trailer or something?[/quote]

Um, that Pixar officially announced it back in November.
"To Infinity and Beyond!"- Buzz Lightyear
"Never tell me the odds!"- Han Solo
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby JohnathanDoe » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Welp, had to create myself a new account because I somehow lost my last one...

But besides that I just wanted to give you guys update on my search for the Toy Story Collection Rex, it's not going well. Somehow it practically became extinct and disappeared off the face of the earth. But I guess that's what happens when you start collecting late.
JohnathanDoe
Ant

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Welcome back! I also did a quick eBay scan for him and your right that he's practically nonexistent. Your best bet would be either Thinkway's smaller $30 Rex or Disney Store's Talking Rex. I faced a similar problem with the Utility Belt Buzz since the few available are $400+, a price I'm definitely not willing to pay.

With Thinkay's re-release of the crappy talking figures, why don't they just re-release the Toy Story Collection to various retailers? It's the least they could do to please collectors at this point.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby JohnathanDoe » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Which is weird because on Thinkway's website it shows that all of them have that new "Signature Collection" logo, but when I actually went to Toys R Us itself, the only ones I could find are Woody, Buzz, and Jessie.

I'll probably just go on eBay and get a Disney Store Zurg to temporarily distract me from this.
JohnathanDoe
Ant

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story