Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Fett101 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:43 am

The San Diego Comic Con buzz is supposed to have good articulation, though I can't say whether or not he can touch his nose. http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/07/first- ... -lightyear

The floor is actually laminate ;) Here's an amusing picture I took after installing it.

Ah! Giant Wall-e! (though actually a small Wall-E with an unintended but fantastic optical illusion)
Get your own sig randomizer at http:///dya.mine.nu/rand/
Fett101
Toy Collector

Postby Kyle » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:26 am

Heh, took me a while to figure out how he looked so huge.

As for comic con Buzz, yeah he does look to have a lot more articulation, but as you can see his ball sockets stick out much further and his upper arms have had a chunk taken off to allow his arms more range of movement. And look how huge his helmet knobs are, wow.

But I gotta give them credit with the box, looks much better than toy story collection buzz's. They even got the back part right.

I always though I'd like to custom make my own box to print and fold, maybe I still will seeing how theses are either off or too small.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Kyle » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:34 am

Just popping in to say I saw Toy Story Collection Mr Potato head on amazon yesterday, but its nowhere to be found today for some reason. which is odd since its not on the Disney store site yet. I did see that its electronic though. It has phrases, and when you push his hat all his pieces fly out. What strikes me as odd is that there doesnt seem to be any extra pieces other than the ones already on him. if thats how it is, it seems like a rip off. I guess you could technically still use pieces from other potato head sets on this one, but still.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Here you go on the picture

Postby tripoli » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:45 pm

A little late getting back, but here you go on the picture. I popped my original Buzz back in the new (almost) screen accurate box and the new Buzz on display. I do have the others on order from Disney but its a wait for a bit over 1 week at this point.

tripoli
Mutant Toy

Postby Kyle » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 am

nice. makes the wait for me much harder. I checked 3 stores (two walmarts and a Kmart) today with no luck. the cloest I got was Kmart had obvously gotten them in, but bad sold out of nearly all their new Toy Story stuff. their buzz was only 40 bucks too. shame they didnt have any in stock.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Death Ray » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

I picked up a Buzz at Toys R Us. They were just put up recently, but all of the Buzz boxes were a bit squashed so it looks like they were packed too tightly. Despite being marketed as replicas, paint apps were a bit spotty, so compare them at the store if you can. They varied a bit, particularly in the eyebrows. I had to touch up the purple head cap to get it looking better. I had to return the first one because the red wing light wasn't working, so check that out as well.

I was expecting better quality when the news first came up, but is a great buy at around $50.

Death Ray
Ant

Postby Kyle » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Holy crap, I didnt know his waist was bendable until those pics. they really went the extra mile with this.

I did notice the paint job thing though, even in the promo shot you see some missing paint near his chin. sucks about your box.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby lizardgirl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 pm

I love how poseable he is! And his wings look cool, too. But, then again, for $50 a good quality toy is expected! Shame about the variation in paint jobs and the squashed boxes, but in the latter instance I guess whoever arranged them in the toy shop doesn't understand how important it is to have these things in as good a condition as possible. Thanks for sharing those photos, Death Ray!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby oreo-94 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:10 am

First pos! Anyway I was wondering if only buzz and the army men are being found right now. Beacuse Ive seen those in person but havent even seen any pics of the new ultimate woody. If anyone has bought one if you could post some pics that would be great!
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ffdude1906 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:57 am

Welcome oreo-94 enjoy your stay here! ;)

I'm not so huge into Toy Story collectibles, but I wouldn't mind having some for display purposes. I'm hoping to have a huge collection of Pixar stuff once I get a good living for myself, hopefully I'll have a lot from every film, and even some stuff from the shorts, as hard as that would be to find.
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:57 am

According to the Disney Store site you still got a week until it ships. Though to be fair they still don't say Buzz is available for preorder, yet it came out first, so I don't know how them and retail stores are connected. But I think they'll pop up in a week.

Still no luck finding Buzz on my end. : (
I thought for sure my Walmart would have them in by now. Will try Toys R Us and Kmart tomorrow.
Last edited by Kyle on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby oreo-94 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:08 am

also I found some info about everyones favorite spud who seems to have been lost in limbo.

"Speaking of keeping true to the original source, the new models for Mr. Potato Head and RC are going to be more real than ever! If Mr. Potato Head wasn’t funny enough already, all of his body parts will shoot out with a clap of your hands in the spud’s real life version." I found this in the archives of this site.
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby oreo-94 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:33 am

Kyle wrote:According to the Disney Store site you still got a week until it ships. Though to be fai. They still don't say Buzz is availwr for preorder yet it came out first, so I don't know how them and retail stores are connected. But I think they'll pop up in a week.

Still no luck finding Buzz on my end. :(
I thought for sure my Walmart would have them in by now. Will try Toys R Us and Kmart tomorrow.
You cant find Buzz? Stores are full of them here. Where are you located? Perhaps I can help you out. In the meantime, look at this pic. You can see Mr Potato Head, Jessie and Hamm http://legionsofgotham.org/pixarnews/wp ... po2009.jpg
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:43 am

Im in Milford, Delaware.

And wow, I didn't think they were making Ham yet. Jessie too, but it doesn't look very accuate...maybe it's a cheaper version and a 50 dollar one is still coming? Wonder why they havnt officially announced some of these. Seems worth mentioning to me.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Fett101 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:32 am

They're selling LGM's? Gotta get some of those too.
Get your own sig randomizer at http:///dya.mine.nu/rand/
Fett101
Toy Collector

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story