Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Pieman411 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:42 am

I Don't think its from thinkway it looks more like the toys r us exclusive.
Pieman411
Garbage Boy

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Kyle wrote:Came accross this Ham just now.
http://www.disneystore.com/new-arrivals ... 185/59518/

This isn't the one we saw in the one picture was it? Dont think this is even from Thinkway. Hope its not the only one planned, because the jaw is articulated, making it inaccurate. which is a shame, because otherwise it seems pretty spot on. just not sure about the size.

I find it funny though that they would make Ham's jaw articulated, and not Rex. Its so backwards.

I don't think that's the only Hamm being released. Look at this picture:

http://legionsofgotham.org/pixarnews/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/tslicensingexpo2009.jpg

The Hamm in the above picture has a mouth that is differently shaped and, as far as I can tell, without the hinge.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby CMB » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:37 pm

^ That Disney websote has a LOT of cool items.
Image.
CMB
Toy Collector

Postby oreo-94 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:19 pm

They also have a section dedictaed to toy story collection

http://www.disneystore.com/toy-story/to ... /c/303600/
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Got a response from the email I sent.
remember, I asked about 2 things, Rex's jaw articulation, and Mr potato head, possible leagal issues they might have run into with hasbro, that sort of thing.

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your email and we appreciate your investigative research from a true fan of Toy Story. We cannot disclose the information on design or contract due to Disney confidentiality. Mr Potato Head is in our production plan.

Regards,

Jenny Sze

So there you have it. they cant discuss anything about the designs themselves, but at least we know Mr Potatohead is still planned. And from her wording I would think that they haven't yet been produced, their not just sitting in some warehouse waiting to be shipped. But I could be wrong.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Kyle wrote:Got a response from the email I sent.
remember, I asked about 2 things, Rex's jaw articulation, and Mr potato head, possible leagal issues they might have run into with hasbro, that sort of thing.

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your email and we appreciate your investigative research from a true fan of Toy Story. We cannot disclose the information on design or contract due to Disney confidentiality. Mr Potato Head is in our production plan.

Regards,

Jenny Sze

So there you have it. they cant discuss anything about the designs themselves, but at least we know Mr Potatohead is still planned. And from her wording I would think that they haven't yet been produced, their not just sitting in some warehouse waiting to be shipped. But I could be wrong.

Good to hear. Hopefully Mr. Potato Head comes out real soon, I wanted him the most, after Woody.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Hydrova » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 am

Well that's even greater news!! Maybe Potato Head will come out sooner than i thought! The Thinkway toys company told me Mr Potato Head will be shipped at the end of the year, but now I feel more confident they will release him sometime real soon from now!!! COME ON Thinkway let's SEND IN THE SPUD we all know and love!!! :)
Hydrova
Shark Bait

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:28 am

What makes you think it could be soon? being in the production plan could mean any time between now and toy story 3's release I think.

But we'll see. Maybe they just realized they need to space out the releases a bit more to maximize profit. Maybe its for stores with smaller toy sections who might not have enough shelf space for so many at once.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Hydrova » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:01 am

Don't forget i just said MAYBE! Hopefully he will come soon as long as he doesn't come during late November to the end of the year because if he does, then poor Potato Head will be one hot Potato for the holidays and he'll be history for all of us!!! :cry:
Hydrova
Shark Bait

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:44 am

Well I saw the maybe but wondered if I said something that led you to think it could be soon. If anything it seems to be there has indeed been a delay of some kind, since she said its in the production schedule, and didn't just say It'll be shipping soon or something along those lines. if they haven't even produced them yet I'd wager it'll be around November if it comes this year. But that's just a guess.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:08 am

New Buzz video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfO-sF8Klo4&feature=sub

Hmm, the next video is called "From Screen to Shelf." I wonder what that will be?

And it's too bad that there are no videos for Mr. Potato Head or for the Bucket O Soldiers, unless they will be featured in the final "Screen to Shelf" video.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:28 am

Interesting, maybe they'll cover the rest briefly in this video. The title itself sounds like it could go deeper into how they used the original digital data to make these toys. I mean did they use a 3d printer? Or simply sculpt using the models as reference, and the only things directly from the data are the decals and packaging?

Can't wait. Hope it's good.

Edit: Just saw the Buzz vid, and I see they put Mr Potatohead back in the background, haha. wonder if they saw peoplke freaking out about it and put it back in. it could have been as simple as being too distracting or in the way before.

Im wondering though whats up with his feet all the sudden. I mean, I assume its not like that all the time, but why arent they pushing htem in all the way? for that matter why are they even like that? the shoes are just supposed to attach by having that stick go inside a resessed hole. unless they changed things since I was a kid? havnt actually touched a potato head in a while.

I guess another reason could be to make room for the electronics. still, why didn't they notice this before shooting any of these videos?

Also, they gave us another nice view of Buzz's wireframe, excellent reference for my own 3d Buzz model.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:15 pm

Kyle wrote:Im wondering though whats up with his feet all the sudden. I mean, I assume its not like that all the time, but why arent they pushing htem in all the way? for that matter why are they even like that? the shoes are just supposed to attach by having that stick go inside a resessed hole. unless they changed things since I was a kid? havnt actually touched a potato head in a while.

Well, the "legs" definitely aren't visible when properly pushed in:

I guess the legs are part of the "parts shooting out" feature to shoot his feet off, and were not properly pushed in for the video.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:40 pm

I know, I assumed as much, but I wasn't sure if the shoes could actually shoot out, because its the base of the whole toy. are we to expect the entire potato part to fly upwards too? *shrug*
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Off Topic. but...

Postby unitgir » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:51 pm

Weird about the legs. I know this is off topic but I came up with a list of Toy Story characters that, I think, could be made into a Toy Story Collection

Jessie (Confirmed)
Bullseye
Stinky Pete (We've seen the box and the toy)
Zurg
Mrs. Potato Head (What? They're making Mr. Potato Head, so why not the other spud?)
Bo Peep (with lamp and sheep)
Mike (Funny, I had one when I was younger)
Rocky (Why not?)
unitgir
Ant

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story