Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Off Topic. but...

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:30 pm

unitgir wrote:Weird about the legs. I know this is off topic but I came up with a list of Toy Story characters that, I think, could be made into a Toy Story Collection

Jessie (Confirmed)
Bullseye
Stinky Pete (We've seen the box and the toy)
Zurg
Mrs. Potato Head (What? They're making Mr. Potato Head, so why not the other spud?)
Bo Peep (with lamp and sheep)
Mike (Funny, I had one when I was younger)
Rocky (Why not?)

No Hamm? No Snake and Robot? No Lenny? :P
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby unitgir » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Sorry, i left out hamm because I thought that there was going to be a TS Collection version already (one in the toy preview perhaps?) I was going to put the other toys as lesser toys (Snake, Robot, Lenny, Etch, Mr. Spell), but i thought that someone would say that was demeaning.
unitgir
Ant

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:40 pm

unitgir wrote:Sorry, i left out hamm because I thought that there was going to be a TS Collection version already (one in the toy preview perhaps?) I was going to put the other toys as lesser toys (Snake, Robot, Lenny, Etch, Mr. Spell), but i thought that someone would say that was demeaning.

I'm pretty sure we are getting a Hamm, but then again, we are also definitely getting Jessie, and you listed her. :P
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:00 pm

So the "from screen to shelf" vid is up, and it seems to be a new series of videos, not just the final video in this Toy Story series. This first video was way too short, and didn't really cover Thinkway's toys but Mattel's. maybe something better will come from those.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Kyle wrote:So the "from screen to shelf" vid is up, and it seems to be a new series of videos, not just the final video in this Toy Story series. This first video was way too short, and didn't really cover Thinkway's toys but Mattel's. maybe something better will come from those.

Yes, I've seen this as well. I just want more coverage on the Thinkway Collection. :P
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:30 am

Gah!

I just found out there are two versions of the bucket of soldiers. I mean, I know this was pointed out in this topic a while back, but I wasn't aware until I saw this video just how different they are. I assumed the only difference was the certificate, and some minor changes to the label on the bucket. Not so. the soldiers themselves are completely different sculpts. For one, they have sarge without the parashoot, like it was meant to be, as well as a ton of modifications to the poses themselves. The other most obvious being is the one guy who wasn't looking down the barrel of his bazooka now does, and in general there seems to be less wrinkles in the clothing, like its supposed to be. And I could point out other stuff Ive noticed but I'll let you guys see for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8znZVsTcCI

This ticks me off really. Because I think it may have been too long for me to return/exchange it for the better one at Toys R Us now. But we'll have to see.

I'm also curious if the better one is more expensive at all.

it seems the one thing they missed with this better one is the lack of medics. (not that mine had any either, just saying)
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Kyle wrote:Gah!

I just found out there are two versions of the bucket of soldiers. I mean, I know this was pointed out in this topic a while back, but I wasn't aware until I saw this video just how different they are. I assumed the only difference was the certificate, and some minor changes to the label on the bucket. Not so. the soldiers themselves are completely different sculpts. For one, they have sarge without the parashoot, like it was meant to be, as well as a ton of modifications to the poses themselves. The other most obvious being is the one guy who wasn't looking down the barrel of his bazooka now does, and in general there seems to be less wrinkles in the clothing, like its supposed to be. And I could point out other stuff Ive noticed but I'll let you guys see for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8znZVsTcCI

This ticks me off really. Because I think it may have been too long for me to return/exchange it for the better one at Toys R Us now. But we'll have to see.

I'm also curious if the better one is more expensive at all.

it seems the one thing they missed with this better one is the lack of medics. (not that mine had any either, just saying)

Wow, I just noticed that yesterday, and was going to post about it here. The version with the Certificate has much more accurate-looking soldiers, from the sculpts to the color. I'm really glad I've resisted buying the version without the Certificate...

PLUS even the bucket looks better in the Certificate version because the "72 Soldiers" picture can't be seen from the front of the bucket, unlike the intrusive picture on the non-Certificate version:

Left: Certificate, Right: No Certificate

EDIT: Here's a comparison of one of the soldiers from the two different buckets to the actual soldier from the movie:

Left: No Certificate, Middle: Actual Toy Story soldier, Right: Certificate

The Certificate version is obviously more accurate in sculpt and color.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby newmie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:56 am

Crap! I was just at TRU today to return all the Toy Story stuff I bought just so I could buy them back again at their sale price this week. I even made them ring up the toys in $30. increments so I could get as many free key chains as possible.

They are going to think I've really lost it when I try to explain that I want to exchange this perfectly good bucket for another one :wink:

---thanks for the heads up though

Newmie
newmie

Postby oreo-94 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:51 am

Just something for everyone to keep an eyue out for. I found the green army men with certificate but half the tub is in spanish. Also, the certificate has both english and spanish on it. Im going to return it and find a new all english one as soon as i can.
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

ULTIMATE BUZZ LIGHTYEAR

Postby newmie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:14 pm

For thoughts of you looking I just found the ULTIMATE BUZZ LIGHTYEAR at TRU today. Much bigger then I assumed he'd be...
newmie

Postby Oklahoma's Man of Steel » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:50 pm

Hey guys, I've been lurking for a bit and finally decided to join. This is a great site! I just picked up the collection Buzz, Woody, and RC. These are amazing. So much better than the old ones I had when I was a kid. I have a few questions though. Can you buy the collection Rex at stores? I've seen the smaller one but not the one in the crate/volcano packaging. Also, I went looking for the newer more accurate version of the soldiers. After looking at the pics above I couldn't tell if I found it or not. The buckets I saw looked like both of the pics. One side looked like the one on the left and when I turned it around it was like the one on the right.
Oklahoma's Man of Steel
Shark Bait

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:Hey guys, I've been lurking for a bit and finally decided to join. This is a great site! I just picked up the collection Buzz, Woody, and RC. These are amazing. So much better than the old ones I had when I was a kid. I have a few questions though. Can you buy the collection Rex at stores? I've seen the smaller one but not the one in the crate/volcano packaging. Also, I went looking for the newer more accurate version of the soldiers. After looking at the pics above I couldn't tell if I found it or not. The buckets I saw looked like both of the pics. One side looked like the one on the left and when I turned it around it was like the one on the right.

Watch the video Kyle posted a few posts back. It shows you how to tell between the two versions.

Here's our first high resolution picture of the new Mr. Potato Head:

Click here to view full size: http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/S ... dhires.jpg

Here are his features:

Using original Pixar Data Files, this is one of the most film-accurate Mr. Potato Head figures ever produced
Includes detachable eyes with eyebrows, ears, a nose with mustache, a mouth, arms and a hat; press his hat for classic Mr. Potato Head banter
He also reacts to the sound of your voice; his eyes, ears, arms and mouth all move as he talks
Includes 2 sets of eyes and mouths for happy and angry facial expressions and Andy’s Toys Collection Certificate of Authenticity
Manufacturer's Suggested Age: 13 Years and Up
Material: Plastic
Care and Cleaning: Spot Clean Only
Dimensions: Length: 12.0 "; Height: 10.0 "; Width: 6.0 "
Product Weight: 1.65 Lb.

It's too bad his eyes are – yet again – one piece, unlike the two pieces they were in the movies.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby oreo-94 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Looks pretty good to me
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:26 pm

oreo-94 wrote:Looks pretty good to me

It definitely does look very good, I just wish the eyes were two separate pieces, like in the movies. Oh well. Hopefully the arms are bendable/poseable.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby oreo-94 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Where did you find that pic?
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story