Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby oreo-94 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:57 am

Vivek wrote:Indeed.. if these are costing $65 I would expect them to have atleast the voice effects
actually i think the new ones only cost 30 bucks
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Lasseter on Disney Living

Postby ToyStory3fan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:31 pm

I just saw Lasseter talking about these new ones on Disney Living.

http://www.youtube.com/DisneyLiving

Anyone know if these are battery hogs? What do they take and how long do they last?

As John mentions, I was about to order 2 of each. I suspect the quality is great coming from Thinkway, right?
ToyStory3fan

I have only had mine for a few weeks..

Postby tripoli » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:21 pm

I have had mine for a couple weeks and had no problems with the batteries. Just picking up RC today, that my get a bit more use than I expect, depends on how much the kids play with it when I am not around. They have all been extremely well made, no problems there.
As a 40 something big kid, I really enjoy having them in my den. Reminds me of the beginnings of Pixar as well all the computer work I have done over the years. Extremely great as my kids have grown up with them and I still see their enjoyment with Pixar continuing on.
tripoli
Mutant Toy

Postby Death Ray » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:19 am

I also noticed that both the regular and Collection versions of Woody have sculpted teeth. They're very faint, but definitely there. Point this out to all of your friends if you want them to think you've gone insane.

Death Ray
Ant

Re: Lasseter on Disney Living

Postby oreo-94 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:32 am

[quote="ToyStory3fan"]I just saw Lasseter talking about these new ones on Disney Living.

http://www.youtube.com/DisneyLivingquote]

John has Mr potato head! Any news on the vegetable man?
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Re: Lasseter on Disney Living

Postby ToyStory3fan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:08 am

oreo-94 wrote:
John has Mr potato head! Any news on the vegetable man?

You're right he does have it there on the table and of course it is not listed on the Thinkway Toys Collection.

Possibly because Hasbro owns the rights to old vegetable man?
ToyStory3fan

Postby oreo-94 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 am

Well we already know Thinkway is making the spud since he appears with the rest of the group in some other photos. However outside of that photo and tghis video, we know nothing about it.
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:32 pm

We do actually. as I mentioned, it was on amazon for a at least a day er so before it got pulled. while it was still up I saw additional pictures and a feature list. It talks when you tilt its hat to the side, and it shoots all its pieces out .

The only thing I'm confused about is that there doesn't seem to be any additional pieces other than the ones you see on him already. which for the asking price seems like a rip off.

Anyway, I think I'm going to have to return/exchange my Buzz, since the red button doesn't seem to do what its supposed to do.

also, does anyone know how to remove paint? as you may have noticed, the paint application is a bit sloppy. for me it was Woody's eyes, the one on the right has the whites too far down. anyone know of a safe way to remove a small slither of it that goes down past his lower eye lid? its really been bugging me. this is something I would have noticed in the store, but I wasn't the one who picked it up.

And hey, I noticed they gave Mr potato head legs. haha. I'm sure the legs just arnt properly inserted all the way, but its still funny to see. I guess the shoes go in in a different way than the original Mr Potato head's.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby oreo-94 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:36 pm

As for paint removal it depends on what color the plastic is. I know nail polish removes paint but you could end up removing the paint underneath.
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Im pretty sure Woody's base color is unpainted. there is some paint for his rosey cheecks, but his main flesh color should just be the plastic.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby oreo-94 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 pm

well then he should be ok :)
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby oreo-94 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:02 am

and i just caught my mistake, i meant nail polish remover
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:06 am

we have edit buttons, but it doesn' matter, I actually read it the way you meant it anyway.

Im just concerned about removing too much. it would require a lot of precision on my part, and Im not sure how easily it'll come off.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby oreo-94 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:00 am

Yeah but for some reason it wouldnt load when i clicked edit. Ive found if you use a Q-tip it works pretty well. Although that depends on the size of the paint slop
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Renesis7 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:04 pm

Has anyone spotted Toy Story collection Rex yet? He comes in a crate I think?

I bought Woody, Buzz, RC, soldiers, green men this weekend. Only saw the "normal" Rex though.

This is all that's available right now, correct? Rex will be coming, just not yet... Potato Head is coming.. but also not yet? and no official evidence on Hamm right?
Renesis7

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story