Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Postby Ayroxus94 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Does anyone know if there was a Utility Belt Buzz Lightyear released in 1999 along with Toy Story 2 that is the same scale and style as the original?

I'm not talking about the signature collection version or the Toy Story 3 ones but one made with the same mould as the original 1995 Buzz Lightyear just with a utility belt.
Ayroxus94

Postby Kyle » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 am

To my knowledge there was not. Just smaller scale ones by hasbro.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:06 am

I've read a rumor saying that the line has been discontinued, is this true?
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby ltm438 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:32 am

CanadianTVBroadcasts wrote:I've read a rumor saying that the line has been discontinued, is this true?

I haven't heard about anything of the sort. Where did you hear about this?
ltm438
Ant

Postby Kyle » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:15 am

Well they could just mean the name "toy story collection" that line could be considered discontinued, but they renamed it to the signature collection. It might have a third name by now for all I know. They probably will use another name when it comes time to start releasing toys for the 4th movie, but if its thinkway and its a premium replica I say it still counts.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:55 pm

For those of you in the US, some Target stores are selling the Signature collection Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Army men, Bullseye, and aliens.

Buzz, Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye are overpriced at $90 while the aliens and the army men are $40 and $20, respectively. Dunno if they plan on re-releasing RC and Pricklepants like TRU did before they went out of business.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby Kyle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:37 am

Nice. Though I have to wonder if april is a little late for a movie coming out just two months after. Usually they want toys on shelves sooner. Maybe something will leak before then at some toy fair.

I'm really curious to see if they do a new buzz. my tsc buzz has chipped paint so I need a new one but will hold out in hopes of a more accurate one.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:47 pm

So far, the only Toy Story 4 themed toys out of Thinkway shown are an interactive Buzz and Forky action figures.

There's a likely possibility more characters were shown off but are being kept out of the public eye since we haven't even seen the first trailer of the film. The article below also mentions we should see the full product line around spring. I hope they end up adding some new characters and Bo to the Signature Collection line. I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since the original announcement of the TSC. :shock:
https://www.licensingsource.net/disney-unveils-first-look-at-toy-story-4-product/
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby Kyle » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:44 am

Heh, even for a cheap woody that looks bad. They don't even give him a plastic star. And he has too many vest stripes. The box itself is pretty meh.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby TheComedian » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 am

Nice to see a few people kicking around here still, shame about all the spam.

I was holding out hope for some new collectors stuff (toy mode Woody sculpt anyone!?) but seems clear Thinkway is gonna reuse and push out the same old stuff. Cool that the signature collection got rereleased because I need a new Buzz but where do they get off charging $90!?
TheComedian
Mutant Toy

Postby robes979 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello, I find this thread very interesting and I just wanted to contribute the little that I know of the upcoming signature collection line. I emailed Thinkway about the possibility of bringing back the signature collection and they replied. According to Jennifer (the email respondent), the Toy Story collection Space Aliens 3pk, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Bullseye, and Jessie, are currently being restocked into Targets. However, the other signature collections, such as Rex and Mr. Potato Head, are sold out and they will no longer be produced UNLESS one of their retailers (Target) puts in the order; and that will be the only way we will ever be able to bring back these signature collection toys. They also have the license to produce toys for the upcoming film Toy Story 4! So you never know :D
robes979

Postby TheComedian » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:54 am

Anyone know if the Disney Store Rex is movie accurate size?
TheComedian
Mutant Toy

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:29 am

I think the hard to find TSC Rex was the most accurate size-wise but since it's both rare and expensive to find nowadays, the Disney Store Rex is a decent alternative solely because of the moveable mouth despite being 12". Rex is supposed to be an inch or two taller than Buzz IIRC.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby todayigrewup » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Long time lurker I finally made an account to post on here. I have been a huge fan and collector for a long time now. I had a youtube channel called toystorylegend before I changed it over to todayigrewup. I have the original toy story collection line from 2009 so I am not a huge fan of the signature collection but at the same time that is what we have right now to collect.

1. Target has released Toy Story Signature collection woody, buzz, Jessie Bullseye, soldiers and 3 pack aliens! The price at 90 for woody, jessie and buzz is terrible as originally it was 59.99. The aliens are 39.99 not bad.

2. Have you guys seen the new Toy Story 4 Barbie coming out? Finally a movie accurate one.....Video released shows the barbie! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86bg7Egoilk

3. I can't wait to see what else thinkway has for us...
I have a youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/todayigrewup
todayigrewup

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:52 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums. Outside of the Toy Story section every so often, the boards are mostly dead but glad to see new people coming over.

I posted this already in the Toy Story 4 thread but I think this either may be a standard Bo Peep figure or a part of the Signature collection from Thinkway. If it's the latter, I'd expect to see more of the major new characters being treated to the line.
EDIT: I'm wrong about it being Thinkway. It looks like it's being made by Shop Disney.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story