Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Postby Whogopenguin » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:10 pm

I picked up a Rex toy recently. This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Collect ... B00B9C911W

I have to admit it's not quite what I was looking for. I'm not sure I needed the talking voice thing and I'm not sure he looks quite right. I'm not at all a toy collector though and not at all an expert :D I'm just wondering if there's a more accurate Rex out there or a better one? I've seen some stuff about the Toy Story Collection Rex - is that better? But hard to obtain right?

(As a side note, Rex is my fave character. He's so funny and adorable :P )
Whogopenguin

Postby lmaomenimen » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:09 pm

Such a nice story
lmaomenimen

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:43 am

The disney store version is more accurate from a material perspective (hard shiney plastic), and I believe the scale might be more accurate as well. However the sculpt of the toy story collection version cant be beat, it used 3D printed data. Its just a shame the plastic is somewhat soft and translucent. Also seems a tad too large.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:04 am

With how expensive the TSC Rex is nowadays, the Disney store version is probably a better alternative considering it has the moveable mouth the TSC lacks. The lowest I saw Rex once he became obsolete was $90 which I snagged instantly when I bought mine a few years back.

Anyone know any good substitutes for the TSC Dolly and Buttercup? I'm not interested in breaking the bank for such minor characters.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby NachozRule » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:38 pm

TheSpaceSheriff wrote:Anyone know any good substitutes for the TSC Dolly and Buttercup? I'm not interested in breaking the bank for such minor characters.

I'm not sure how cheaper/easier it is to find, but the Disney On Ice Buttercup that released a little after Toy Story 3 came out is pretty comparable in size and detail. I actually think the shape of the head is better than that of the Toy Story Collection Buttercup, as the seams are in different places. Only notable downside is that the eyes are flat patches instead of circular.

^Disney On Ice Buttercup on the left, TSC Buttercup on the right
NachozRule
Garbage Boy

Postby Asimakh1 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:14 am

Earlier I used to think that I have the whole collection of Pixar movies toys at home but after seeing this I think there's a whole bunch of toys still left. They attract me so much.

mobile app developers
Asimakh1

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:03 pm

msshilpikgupta wrote:I love to read your post. Thanks for this heart touching post.I want to be updated with latest songs, trailer, movies, movies trailers, news, serials and many more things. So i love to use Vidmate application

Does this site have no spam filter?
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby Kyle » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:13 pm

No filter, no mods. This place is in ruins.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Evil Dr Porkchop » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:59 pm

Does anyone have any more news on the Signature Collection Duke Caboom? I noticed that it's specified as sold out on Target's website and there are couple on eBay but this may be in preparation for formal release. Might this also be a Target exclusive in the US just like Bo Peep?
"And Hamm, he'll keep your money safe, but he's also one of the most dastardly villains of all time: Evil Dr. Porkchop!"
Evil Dr Porkchop
Shark Bait

Postby LinkStory » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:02 am

I highly recommend everyone join the Facebook "Toy Story Collection" group. It has over 15,000 members and has daily activity. It's a great place to show off your collection, ask for information, and buy and sell what you have. It's definitely way more active than this forum is, (assuming your main interest involves Toy Story collecting)
LinkStory
Ant

Postby ToysTory » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:20 pm

LinkStory wrote:I highly recommend everyone join the Facebook "Toy Story Collection" group. It has over 15,000 members and has daily activity. It's a great place to show off your collection, ask for information, and buy and sell what you have. It's definitely way more active than this forum is, (assuming your main interest involves Toy Story collecting)

Hey, thanks for the heads up! I actually just made a profile and sent a request to the group to join. Here's my page if anyone is interested - I just uploaded pictures of my entire collection

https://m.facebook.com/toys.tory.94402343
ToysTory
Ant

Postby WmSanabria » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:02 pm

I found your post interesting to read and i want to say that this is a best post i have ever seen until now. Take a look at Roblox gift cards
WmSanabria

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:02 pm

Evil Dr Porkchop wrote:Does anyone have any more news on the Signature Collection Duke Caboom? I noticed that it's specified as sold out on Target's website and there are couple on eBay but this may be in preparation for formal release. Might this also be a Target exclusive in the US just like Bo Peep?

All the ones on ebay are scalper posts, as of now I have not seen one physical image of it besides the stock photos, I'd assume he'd start to come out closer to the end of August, Half way there!
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:24 pm

Sorry for double post but Duke's been officially spotted in 2 target stores in the US, he still has the screwed up hands but looks overall ok (though a little disappointing for 69$). Hoping we get Gabby Gabby next.
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story