Pixar Planet

Babyface's Morse Code.

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Babyface's Morse Code.

Postby Drumatic » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Looked everywhere, could not find the answer.
Sat infront of my tv/computer for hours trying to figure out the morse code, didnt happen.

When babyface uses it to call out to its mutant friends, what is he saying?

I'm a huge pixar fan, memorise every line from every movie, but I must know the answer to this. Thanks. :shock:
Drumatic
Shark Bait

Postby Kyle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:20 pm

from IMDB

It seems to be "..- ..- -... ... . . . ... ...-" which translates to "UUBSEEESV". If heard differently, the Morse code Babyface uses comes out as UUBDWRV, which could mean Under Ugent Business Dispatch Working Rescue Vehicles (samurix7's interpretation).
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Drumatic » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:21 pm

nuh uh, i fail to believe that.

I want pixar to tell me what it issssss
Drumatic
Shark Bait

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:24 pm

I have an idea: Why don't we ask Lee Unkrich on Twitter? He does reply to questions.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Why dont you believe it? it makes sense within the scene and sounds legitimate.

And I think it would require too many characters to ask on twitter.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby DirtyBirdy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:51 am

Kyle wrote:from IMDB

It seems to be "..- ..- -... ... . . . ... ...-" which translates to "UUBSEEESV". If heard differently, the Morse code Babyface uses comes out as UUBDWRV, which could mean Under Ugent Business Dispatch Working Rescue Vehicles (samurix7's interpretation).

I wondered this too when I saw the movie in 3D. That sounds reasonable to me, what samurix7 said
Personal Message from DB:

I know I've been missing for a while, But I'm dealing with a lot of homework and college junk. I am not leaving, am I'm here to stay. :)
DirtyBirdy
Mutant Toy

Postby YouUnculturedSwine » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:20 pm

lol I find it hilarious just the sentence "babyface's morse code" lol. But yeah, I have no idea what it means.
What are you looking at you hockey puck?
YouUnculturedSwine
Garbage Boy

Postby Drumatic » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:32 pm

=\
Drumatic
Shark Bait

I think I've got it!

Postby enigma427 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:10 am

This style of morse code (struck against a resonating object like a table leg) is VERY difficult to comprehend as there is no continuous tone. In that case, ... could be S or it could've been ..- or U because you don't know how long the fall off of the struck tone is. The only way to tell is to hope it's well formed and slow it down to look at the spacing. I spent half an hour doing exactly that and came up with / .-. .-. / -.-. --- -- . / --- ..- - / or "RR come out". Where RR is a commonly used prosign meaning "received" or "acknowledged." So BabyFace is telling Woody, "Yeah, I got it." and then calls the others to "come out."
enigma427

Postby Fett101 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:01 am

YouUnculturedSwine wrote:lol I find it hilarious just the sentence "babyface's morse code" lol. But yeah, I have no idea what it means.

I was wondering what the R&B singer had to do with Morse code.
Get your own sig randomizer at http:///dya.mine.nu/rand/
Fett101
Toy Collector

Re: I think I've got it!

Postby Dinoco » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 am

enigma427 wrote:This style of morse code (struck against a resonating object like a table leg) is VERY difficult to comprehend as there is no continuous tone. In that case, ... could be S or it could've been ..- or U because you don't know how long the fall off of the struck tone is. The only way to tell is to hope it's well formed and slow it down to look at the spacing. I spent half an hour doing exactly that and came up with / .-. .-. / -.-. --- -- . / --- ..- - / or "RR come out". Where RR is a commonly used prosign meaning "received" or "acknowledged." So BabyFace is telling Woody, "Yeah, I got it." and then calls the others to "come out."
Nice job on the decoding, I was about to do that myself, but this sounds very legitimate.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby lizardgirl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Yeah, good work enigma427. Your explanation sounds very plausible.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Dinoco » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:29 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqL-kCcH ... re=related

Can someone try this (at 2:42)? The pole doesn't resonate as much, so it might be easier to decode. Come to think of it, since this is only test footage, it might even be a different message completely.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby enigma427 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Dinoco wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqL-kCcHyIo&feature=related

Can someone try this (at 2:42)? The pole doesn't resonate as much, so it might be easier to decode. Come to think of it, since this is only test footage, it might even be a different message completely.

Very nice, Dinoco! Same message, but MUCH easier to hear. Especially without the duck quack in the middle of it...
enigma427

Re: Babyface's Morse Code.

Postby eJacqui » Mon May 23, 2016 7:50 am

Hi,
I am new here and reached through Google and I need such toys in Melbourne, I have just checked the images and links you shared but they are old and not working. Any info?
Protect Animals
eJacqui

Next

Return to Toy Story