Toy Story and Toy Story 2 coming to Blu-Ray

Will you buy these on Blu-Ray?

• Of course!
  • If I get a Blu-Ray player
  • No

0 voters

pixartalk.com/2009/12/02/ts-blu-coming/

Are you stoked for this?

I have both on DVD, and as much as I want it for blu-ray, i don’t need it for blu-ray.

Sadly, the TS3 previews are gonna coax me into dishing out a ton of money for both of them. :confused: If it weren’t for that, I would’ve bought TS2 at launch and saved TS1 for my birthday (which is 4 days before the release of TS3, so it’s not even worth it for the preview.)

I’m probably going to get it. I have a PS3 so I don’t need to get Blu-Ray player.

I might wait until Toy Story 3 is released on Blu-Ray, and then get all three at once…there’ll probably be a boxed set with all of them.

Well, it gives me another reason to get a blu ray player. I might not have to buy it only because supposedly it can come out as early as my birthday month (march), so if a family member asks me what I want for a present I’ll just ask for the movies.

For me it’s definitely a must have to my collection of movies even though I already have them on DVD. If it was any other movie then I probably wouldn’t bother, but Toy Story has a big place in my heart for many reasons so I can’t resist. <3

As for the previews for TS3 I hope it’s something more than the trailers we’ve already seen like a little 2 minute scene or something. Also, from what I heard it’s suppose to have some new extras on there so I’m hoping for something like a bigger look into the voice recording sessions or something.

I’m definitely getting it! I’m hoping its another combo pack like Monsters Inc. I can’t wait!

Yeah, I think I’ve talked myself into getting all of the Pixar collection on Blu-Ray. I’ve got them all on DVD, but I’ll just sell those off as I get them on Blu-Ray. At least there are only 10 (11 with Toy Story 3 coming soon), so that’s not that major a financial upgrade. Not like having to replace the entire category of over 40 Disney Animated Features, or something like that.

I’ll most definitely be picking these up opening day. I’m kinda bothered though by Disney releasing previews for Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story blu-rays but not giving us an actual release date!

Personally I’m waiting to put the same plan into action Sunny is.

I have TS1 on VHS, never had TS2, and will be getting TS3 no matter what, so a boxed set would be great.

I"m waiting to see if they do something similar for Cars as well.

If I ever get a Blu-Ray player…but right now I am content with what I have…

Hmm…I’m in two minds. I’ve obviously already got them both on DVD, but I’m not sure that I have quite enough money to justify buying films on Blu-ray that I’ve already got on DVD. If I didn’t have them already, I’d definitely buy the Blu-rays, but I can’t afford that better quality picture at the moment, despite having a Blu-ray player.

March 23rd:
walmart.com/catalog/product. … d=13283566
walmart.com/catalog/product. … d=13283568

The German release date for the rental discs is March 11th.
I assume the retail release will follow a couple of weeks afterwards.

Hmm, the cover art is kind of lacking in my opinion, but I guess it’s okay. :confused:

I don’t have Blu-Ray yet and I already own both movies on DVD so I’ll have to think about it, but those two sneak peeks of Toy Story 3 sound like they’re worth it.

Terrible cover art, especially for TS1! :angry:

Hopefully it’ll change, it might not be the final design.

Ultimate Disney has posted some different cover art:

[url]http://www.ultimatedisney.com/disneybluray.html[/url]

Ctrl + F “60” until you see them.

I like these much better, personally, even though they’re probably fake. Buzz has the some pose in both.

EDIT: Larger versions for you to drool over

Here,

And Here.

If by drool you mean vomit from my eyes, sure.
I don’t know how they manage to screw up toy story covers like this. And this is the second time in a row. Give me some high res art and I could whip up something better for sure. These movies deserve better.

Great to have a release early in the year confirmed!

I hope they’ll come out around the same time over here, but I think we will get the TS1+2 3D feature in theatres in may… so I geuss not.

Damnit, then will have to debate wether to import or not :laughing: .

Kyle, these are tentative covers. They’re more than likely to change from now til March 23.