Toy Story Toons

According to Stitch Kingdom, Disney recently acquired the domain name TOYSTORYTOONS.com (along with KEYCHEST.com- for their greatly anticipated video technology). Perhaps Disney/Pixar will give Toy Story the Cars treatment, with their own new line of shorts and cartoons, which would be awesome!

stitchkingdom.com/disney-new … treatment/

Hmm, a more up-to-date version of Toy Story Treats? Sounds interesting.

Awesome, new Toy Story treats. I was fully expecting this to happen, but its good to get a confirmation. I hope they are included in the Toy Story 3 blu ray when it releases. It was hard to find the Cars shorts when those aired, and I don’t think they were on the blu ray either, so I hope they find a good way to distribute them. While I’m sure they’ll make their way to youtube and/or official site, I want to make sure I see them in HD.

I have a feeling we’ll have to settle for sound alikes again. They did it with the original TS treats and Car-toons, so we shouldn’t expect to get the original cast here either. hopefully they do a good job.

Also, remember, we have already seen a few of these new shorts during the double feature. I cant remember what they were exactly, just that Jesse and bullseye were in one.

I thought those were from the TS1 and 2 extra dvds. Atleast, I know most of them were…

Most of them were, but if you saw any with toy story 2 characters, that’s a dead give away that their new, since they only made toy story treats for the first movie.

I believe the new ones were also in widescreen, so theres another difference for ya.

I’d love Toy Story to get the Cars treatment! Very excited about this if it’s going to happen.

Kyle- I was pretty impressed with the sound-alikes for the Cars Toons, so if the same happens for the Toy Story Toons hopefully it should be possible for them to find some good matches once again.

It doesn’t bother me much with Cars Toons but I don’t think I could live with different voice actors for Toy Story ones.

Well they always get Jim Hanks to do Woody’s voice for these things, so I guess that’s to be expected.

yeah, but Buzz sound-alikes seem to generally sound good to me…
I can’t wait for these, but I wonder what they’d be about. Like if it’s at the daycare, or maybe takes place when Andy was little, or maybe Jessie with Emily?

Seems interesting. I want!

Part of me isn’t surprised by this, but at the same time I wasn’t expecting it. I was more expecting some TS shorts (Like the ones for UP and Wall-e ), to start popping up around May then stop about a month later. I wonder what they are planning to do with that site.

Probably the usual fare, games, shorts, character profiles,

back to the sound alike thing, Im kinda the opposite, I think Jim Hanks is often spot on, he had me fooled a few timesw, while the Buzz one never really sounded right. maybe when Tim was 17 or something, but it lacks the gritty velvety texture of his voice, and its gotten more distinguished as he’s aged.

I dunno, maybe with any luck the guy’s voice has also aged to sound more like him, assuming they use the same guy.

Same with me. Sometimes he’s pretty convincing and other times he isn’t. Guess it helps when you’re a blood relative of the original voice actor.

I think your right woody sounds good but buzz sounds off butt the videos are what a minute so there not gona go out of the way and spend lots a money on a perfect impresion.

I can’t wait to see what the new DVD short for Toy Story 3 will be. Usually, PIXAR tends to focus on the secondary characters of the film, so I’m expecting to see something starring Lotso or the Aliens.

I’m thinking that maybe they’ll be some continuity now too. Those Toy Story Treats from before were pretty much non-canon with the films cause of the inconsistencies (Buzz still thinks he’s a space ranger, the toys are still in the same room even though they moved, the Mutant Toys are in the room even though their Sid’s) and also some characters like Mr. Potato Head and Slinky Dog never showed up in them. Now their shorts are more like Burn-E and Dug’s Special Mission where they happen within the film or sometime after it.

Or maybe they will put up some shorts of things that happened in between TS2 and now, since when you think about, they got 10 years to cover. I’m sure the toys had some misc. adventure in there. Even if it wasn’t out of the house. :wink:

If I had to guess that’s when I would think they would take place- between 2 and 3. I’m sure they could come up with plenty of entertaining scenerios. :laughing:

Although if that is what happens, I wonder what they’d do for Jessie’s voice? The Woody and Buzz replacements have always sounded fairly close to the originals to me, (alright Buzz maybe not so much, but it was good enough I suppose) but Joan Cusack has a very unique sound to her voice…just have to wait and see I guess.

Well, for the Toy Story Treats, they didn’t have to hire an entirely new voice cast. Wally Shawn still voiced Rex and same with John Ratzenberger. I’ve seen Joan Cusack in several television episodes and movies before, so she might do the new shorts.

I think it all depends on actor availability. Wally and John probably live close to emeryville (pixar’s studios) and could always use the extra cash, so they voice the characters whenever possible. Tom is always in high demand, so he’s likely too busy and therefor expensive to get for anything other than the films. Tim does a bit more than Tom, at least he voices the toys and videogames I believe. frankly Im not sure why they ever needed a sound alike for him, all he has going for him these days are santa clause sequels and an occasional wildhogs type movie. though I think he was still on Home Improvment back when the original treats were done, so maybe he’d be more likely to come back these days.

As for Joan, Im not sure. she didnt reprise her role in the Buzzlightyear of star comment intro, but Jesse didnt exafctly get any real lines, just a small giggle.

I agree it would suck if they try to replace her for anything, so hopefully they can get her.

Tom tweets that he’s back for Toy Story shorts. as in plural.

If Tom is recording for multiple toy story shorts, excellent. I’m trying to keep my expectations in check though. Somehow I don’t see them using Hanks for ALL of them. at some point I would expect them to get Jim to fill in, as Tom is a busy guy. Unless they had everything recorded in that single session, but that’s doubtful.